Chapter 10

"Here in this first match, we can conclude that Young Mei was the most strategic, following Young Iida. Could anyone explain why?" All Might stood before the students in the monitor room. The screen behind him shows Yami and Uraraka exiting the building. She was taking her to Recovery Girl so Yami could be fixed up.

Yaoyorozu took a long thought, when it clicked to her, she slowly raised her hands in the air to answer the question All Might posed. "Yes Young Yaoyorozu!"

"They both were cooperative with one another. Despite Iida playing a smaller role in this match, he managed to stall Uraraka for Mei to clean up the debris around the room so she wouldn't have anything for her to use to her advantage."

Todoroki Shoto stood not far from the raven haired girl, glancing her way and listening to her compliments regarding Yami, "Bakugou and Midoriya were too harsh with their actions, especially in a fairly narrow space. Out of everyone, they caused the most damage which wouldn't be sufficient if this were a real situation. Not to mention, Bakugou was too caught up with past matters, letting his emotions get the better of him.

Uraraka had a good plan at first, however she still made a small slip up towards the end, making her get caught quickly by Mei." Todoroki still listened closely, waiting. After she was done speaking, he would go check up on Mei to make sure she was holding up okay.

"Mei had a solid plan. She managed to come up with one, and attempted to communicate it with everyone on her team, despite Bakugou's ignorance. She considered all the possible factors: the good and bad to make sure their plan was a success in the end."

"Even when they didn't win, you can't say that she didn't look cool while doing it!" Mina added.

In the back of Todoroki's mind, Yaoyorozu and Mina were right. She was a quick thinker and knew how to actively cooperate with other people, making sure that they played their part for the team so they would have victory. They didn't win the match, but she did demonstrate a perfect example of working in a team.

And she did look cool while executing the plan.

"Spot on Young Yaoyorozu! While everything is being fixed and set up for the next round, I'll cue a break so everyone and the next team prepare!"

With those last words slipping out of All Might's mouth, Todoroki left the room as everyone else dispersed, chatting with one another.

There was a considerable amount of things going on in the boy's mind. One of those things was to make sure Mei was okay, because he knew Hawks would be chasing after him if anything were to happen to her. The last thing he wanted was to have an encounter with the Pro-Hero in a bad setting along with his Father. If he knew what was going on between the both of them, there would be a fair share of arguing between the two.

How was he supposed to hate her after the short events of what happened so far? His father would definitely not approve, especially since she was under guidance of the Pro who was standing right behind him in the hero charts. He was confused about his opinion of the girl, his feelings stirring together in a mixing pot which was his brain. Todoroki was stuck in the middle of this mess he never wanted to be in. But it was too late, no backing out of this now.

Mei on the other hand was just as confused as the duel-haired boy. It was only day two of their so-called friendship, or if you would even call it one. She didn't know how to take it, despite being friends with Yaoyorozu, this was different. Never in her life did she have a friendship in these kinds of conditions, it was almost like it was forced and it wasn't on her side. It was mainly on Todoroki's side.

That was something she hated. Knowing very little about the boy, she knew she couldn't jump to sudden conclusions. He thought back to what he told her.

I believe it's best to just see where things go. I don't mind being your friend, and I certainly don't mind helping you out.

Was it a genuine friendship? It was true on her side and she did want to become his friend, but she wasn't so sure about Todoroki's thoughts. Those words of his were not enough to get rid of that lingering feeling in her stomach.

Both of their minds were clouded with similar thoughts. They were both stuck in each other's mess knowing fully well of the consequences or how it would play out in the end. However those foggy thoughts began to clear up once they were in each other's presence. Peaceful, yet comfortable.

And for a moment, their worries went away. Just two complicated friends in each other's company.

Yami's POV

I followed Todoroki back to the monitor room where everyone else was. He went his separate way along with his partner for the round. I wished him good luck, but he only responded with, "Yeah."

I reached the monitor room, and the rest of the class had their eyes upon the large screen that showed the environment the round took place in. Some students turned their heads around and saw my figure walking to the entrance.

"There you are Mei! Are you okay? Looked like you took a hard hit back there." Uraraka was the first to greet me. She immediately ran up to me in the hallway as Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, and Kaminari followed behind her.

"You were so manly though! Especially when you tried to hold down Uraraka. Your quirk is so cool!" The red haired boy complimented, his face beaming with admiration for a classmate. We all walked back to the monitor room after being in the hallway.

"Thanks you guys, it wasn't too bad since Recovery Girl fixed me up in no time," I reassured. "But props to Uraraka, she did a great job too. Congrats on winning this round!" I turned to the girl and smiled, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I should be saying the same thing to you! Thank you Mei."

"Alright, if both teams are ready. You may begin!" All Might signaled through his earpiece. All our eyes shifted to the large monitor which revealed Todoroki and Shoji before the building that held the fake bomb they were supposed to capture.

I could sense Yaoyorozu's presence to my right, and Kaminari's close to my left. I knew Kaminari was the biggest flirt in the class, so I braced myself for his awful pickup lines he would eventually throw at me during Todoroki's match.

"So... you're pretty powerful and you're cute. How about we get to know each other more by going out on a date-" He tried to snake his arm around my shoulder, but I emitted some dark matter from my right arm and pushed his arm off.

"Sorry bud, I've got no interest in you." I kept my quirk activated in case he wanted to try something else. "A little shallow of you to look at appearances first than personality. That's probably why you haven't gotten a girl yet..."

"She's got an attitude too! Playing hard to get... man." He looked defeated, and I couldn't help but chuckle a little. I heard Yaoyorozu's laugh as well beside me.

"Boys can be a handful." The tall girl agreed, I nodded my head letting out an irritated sigh.

"Tell me about it."

Suddenly, there was an astonished feeling that filled the room. I heard several gasps from fellow classmates, and I directed my attention back to the monitor.

My eyes widened in surprise to see that ice covered the building. There were some cameras that showed the inside and dear heavens were top to bottom with layers of cold ice. I felt a shiver down my spine, even though I couldn't feel the temperature of the icy room before me.

There was no way that was Todoroki's quirk, I could be in my denial stage. But his father is Endeavor... the flaming hero. Unless there was something that he didn't want to tell anyone. Come to think of it, I did take note that his costume design fully covered his left side, including his eye, with just ice.

It made me wonder, did he possess a fire quirk like his father? It made me curious about him even more, but I knew I couldn't just pry him for answers, and I knew it would most likely be a sensitive topic for him.

I didn't want it to feel like my situation for him, having to forcefully share his backstory to me like how mine was revealed to him. But maybe, just maybe... he wanted someone to understand him. Maybe he didn't want to be so lonely.

One of these days, I hope he'll find the comfort of telling me so he isn't alone in his family mess. He's done plenty for me that I would feel wrong if I didn't return the favor. That is, if he can place his trust in me as I do with him.