Chapter 14

WARNING: This chapter contains small depictions of blood. Proceed with caution.

Yami's POV

I thought about my brother, that was what I thought was my last thought. How pathetic would it be for him to discover I had died at the hands of a villain, unable to protect myself?

I wouldn't want him to have that guilt weighted on his shoulders. And I wouldn't want him to deal with that death, not for the world.

His only family, me, lost. No, I couldn't leave him just yet.

"Is this nerd going to wake up soon or what? I'll wake her up if I have to by blowing her face-" My quirk awakened on its own, almost punching Bakugou in the face, but he jumped back. "What the hell? You were awake this whole time?"

The truth was, no, I wasn't. I felt too shaken to even stand, but somehow my quirk managed to move and control itself on its own and I had no idea how.

I slowly propped myself up, I felt Kirishima's presence before me, helping me to my feet. My head felt like it was running in circles, and I was still extremely dizzy. "Hey Mei! You don't look too good, sit down over here." Kirishima had his arm around my torso, helping me take a seat against the wall.

I managed to prop my back up against it, Kirishima bending down to make sure my consciousness was still with them. I could see Bakugou in the background, facing away from us. "What the hell happened?"

"Well, from that villain's warping quirk, I'm assuming the class was separated and landed in different zones of USJ." He explained, looking back at Bakugou. "I think we're in the Ruins Zone, not far from where the main action is happening."

"If we don't figure out how the hell we're going to get down there, I won't be able to kill that warp villain myself!" Bakugou protested as he kept looking around the debris of the floor we were on.

Ignoring Bakugou's complaints, Kirishima returned his attention back to me. I was still feeling dizzy, but a little better compared to when I first woke up. "Do you feel any better to stand?"

I shifted my position, using the wall as my guide to help me up, Kirishima making sure I didn't fall face first into the ground. Finally, I was able to stand on my own.

"Finally the nerd can stand." The angry boy insulted as I gently raised my hand to my head, massaging it from the pain that still lingered.

"When will there be a time where you aren't constantly insulting other people?" I spat back, clearly not having his attitude in a time where other's could be needing help.

"The hell did you just say to me?"

"You heard me loud and clear, Bakugou."

"Well, well, we finally found some kids to torture." Some voices appeared from around us, and we immediately stopped quarreling and turned around to face them. Several villains made themselves appear before us.

"Hey, isn't that the kid the boss told us about... you know... the one we're supposed to capture?" One of the villains whispered and pointed directly at me.

Capture? Like hell was a low-life scoundrel going to take me before I could even beat the ass of their villain selves.

"Oh, so you're here for me? What're you, members of my fan club? That's flattering." I scowled, wiping some dirt off my mouth from the impact of the fall from landing in the ground.

The villain laughed, "The last members of your club you'll ever see!" He then lunged for me, but I quickly used my quirk to defend myself against them.

And the fighting finally began.