Chapter 24

Yami's POV

There was no doubt something was going on with Todoroki.

The first week of our training together went smoothly, until we both were called to begin training individually. Me being under the Commission's watch and Todoroki under the guidance of his father.

I didn't mind, it was a perfect week to be training by ourselves, but there was something going on with that boy because it sure looked like he was returning to his day one attitude: pushing everyone away like he always did when I first met him.

His inclination showed in school as well, giving incredibly dry responses to my banters or completely ignoring me. Whenever I messaged him about something other than the sports festival, he would give his usual droll responses or leave me on delivered, the worse would be read.

In fact, he didn't speak with anyone for the remainder of the week until the sports festival.

Though I had to push that worry in the back of my mind and focused on my training with the Commission to get better. This time, they gave me instructions on how to improve my melee combat and how to rely less on my quirk.

Not only had the Commission aided me with my own training, but Keigo also taught me a few things I never knew he had the skills for.

Over the last week before the festival began, I felt like I had grown stronger and ready for anything. Better prepared than the last 5 years of my life, it could be from the fact that this was going to be aired to hundreds and thousands of people across the country.

This would be a whole new experience because people were going to be there in person and through the media. People were going to be observing our every move as we all fought our way to the top.

Keigo being the big brother he is; was absolutely terrified but also excited for my debut.

"Remember, smile for the camera whenever you see one!" It was the day of the sports festival and many emotions were swirling around inside of me. Keigo shouted from the kitchen, soon making his way towards me.

Todoroki couldn't walk me today, which was fine. I began to care less anyway.

"Smile and wave, yep..." I fixed my shoes and brushed off any dust from my uniform. I never felt more ready in my lifetime, sprinkled with a little nervousness. "I'll do my best!"

"That's my Yami!" He ruffled my hair and stood proudly before me, hands on his hips and everything. "I'll be cheering you on, have fun out there!"

The sports festival would be a chance to give me endless opportunities if I'm able to reach the limelight. One of them is to prove to Keigo I don't need his babysitting, let alone having Todoroki constantly be my bodyguard. Even after the events of Mori, I want him to see that I'm strong on my own.

I just have to show my strength to him, and everyone, so they can see what I'm truly capable of, but I'd also have to keep my guard up. I lifted a hand up to my left temple.

I would just have to pray everything goes smoothly and nothing goes wrong for today.

We all were asked to change into our P.E. uniforms for the sake of fairness. It was more beneficial for me because I still was not used to wearing my hero costume. I sat alongside Momo in our class waiting room.

"Training for me went fine... I'm just sore in some areas." I circled my arm around, trying to ease my stiff muscles. "But I feel ready for this."

Momo nodded her head in agreement, a sparkle of determination could be seen in her eyes. "You've trained super hard for the past two weeks Yami! I'm sure you're more than ready."