Chapter 7

I will try and keep updating the story a soon as possible. Thank you for voting ang and for the lovely comments. They give me a lot of confindence.

Hope you like this one too.

*****

Emma's POV

Andrew was the first one to wish me. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Did he know it was my birthday? How? That was so sweet of him. I instantly sent him a reply saying thank you. But that was not enough. I wanted to hug him and thank him. This birthday was going to be really exciting. I kept the phone at it's place and went back to sleep, waiting for the morning.

**

"Happy Birthday sweetheart!" Mom wished me the moment I entered the lounge. She pulled me into a hug and kissed my
hair. "My daughter has grown up so fast. You were so little when you entered this house in my arms." I could see the tears forming in her eyes. "Oh Mom, don't cry. I'm still your little Emily, okay?" I smiled at her and wiped her tears that had now reached her cheeks. "I love you sweetheart," she whispered. "I love you too," I replied.

I made my way to the kitchen when someone put their hands over my eyes. I stopped and touched them with my palms to guess who the person is. It was a man for sure for his hands were big. I heard that guy breathing in my ears. Was it Andrew? I wished he was. He was getting closer and closer and closer and....."Happy birthday dearest sistah."

Shit! Spencer. He dropped his hands and placed them on my shoulders turning me around. He embraced me tightly, almost choking me. "Tha-thank y-you Spencer." He released me and pinched my cheeks. "Aw, my little sister has become so big," he wiped his fake tears with his index finger. I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen. Dad was seated at the corner of the table reading his newspaper. "Morning Dad," I greeted him and wrapped my arms around him. "Emily, happy birthday sweetheart," he said kissing my cheeks. "Thank you."

I sat down beside him and Mom placed a plate of chocolate pancakes and a glass of juice. Those pancakes, were definitely the most mouthwatering pancakes in the whole world. No one could ever beat her. "You need to work today as well?" Dad asked me with an upset look. Every year he asked me the same question and that didn't please me at all. He always wants to spend my special day with me but I've never got any time for him. "Yes Dad, though I don't want to. But I'll try and return early okay?" I responded with a smile.

I hungrily gobbled up my breakfast and waited for Andrew to pick me up. My family usually gave me presents at the party, so I didn't ask them about it. Also, I never wanted anything from them, they were all I could wish for, so I was not bothered about what they were gonna get me.

It was a sunny day, not that same bleak weather that this city had for the past two days. I was wearing a pair of light-blue jeans and my favourite red thin sweater. I left my hair fall on my shoulders and instead of sneakers, I wore my blue sandals. Sitting at the steps outside the house, I was listening to music with earphones plugged in. The only thing going on in my mind was the message that Andrew had sent me the previous night. He was the first one to wish me. When I woke up in the morning, there was a long list of missed calls and messages from my family and friends. But instead of opening them, I clicked on his message and smiled from ear to ear.

I closed my eyes for a while to recall all those moments that I had spent with Andrew in the past few days. I recalled the incident that took place yesterday when I found Andrew's jacket around me. He was holding me in his arm. I felt so warm, so soothing like the cold wind could never break me. Somehow or the other, he cared for me. That too in a different way. I always like to be in his company. I wanted him to be with me all the the time. I wanted to hold his hand and run anywhere I want. I never had such feelings before. This was new, intimidating yet special.