Part 7

New York City, 2023.

Monica PoV

I sat in The Dead Poet Pub, a pint of Guinesse on my table. A picture lied on the table, but a pair of dog tags hung from my fingers.

*FLASHBACK*

Arthurs hand held mine, tears slipping down my face.

˝Take them... Remember me...˝ He said.

***

My head rested in my hands, tears freely falling. I looked at the picture of the two of us. It was a picture of us sleeping next to a wall. I was wrapped in his arms, and his head rested on mine. I finished my beer and left the money on the table, walking out into the sheet.

Birmingham, 1919.

Arthur PoV

With a whiskey in my hand I stared down at the picture. A picture of Monica and I. Down on the table, a pair of dog tags was set.

*FLASHBACK*

Her voice rung out on the platform and I opened my window.

˝Arthur!˝ Her voice was out of breath, and her face was tear stained.
˝I want you to have these.˝ She took of her dog tags and held them out to me. Her eyes were filled with unshed tears.

˝Thank you, love. I'll keep them safe.˝ I told, holding back my own tears.

***

A tear slips down my face and I breath in. My fist connects with the table before me with a laud bang.

˝Fuck!˝ I yelled and get up, leaning the Garrison.