Part 20

8 months later

˝Mrs. Shelby, we need just one more push and the head will be out. Just one more!˝ The nurse told me with a small smile. I gritted my teeth and pushed. One more after that and cries filled the room. I sighted with relief as my whole body relaxed. The nurses and doctors huddled around my baby. Ada was still holding my hand and smiling.

˝You did so well, Moni. God, you didn't even make a sound.˝ She praised me as I came down to earth.

˝Where's Arthur, Ada? I want to see him.˝ I mumbled, my eyes half closed. She smiled and kissed my forehead. 

˝I'll get him for you, Monica.˝ She softly said. Making her way to the door, she slightly opened it and whispered something. Arthur peaked his head in. He looked tired. His hair was a mess, shirt unbuttoned. But he carried a dopey smile on his face.

˝'ello, luv... You alright?˝ He quietly asked, reaching out towards my face and pushing stray hair away from my forehead.

˝Yeah... Ada was great support.˝ I whispered, smiling at him.

˝Hm... I'm glad.˝ He said and keeps stroking my face. The doctor cleared his throat.

˝Mrs. and Mr. Shelby, I'd like to introduce you to your son.˝ He said with a smile and handed me the baby. I took him in my arms and pulled him close to my chest. I smiled at him and then at Arthur. He, too, was looking at our son, smiling ear to ear.

˝He's ours... ˝ He whispered, leaning his head on my shoulder. I kissed his head and he laughed.

˝All ours...˝ I confirmed.

3rd person PoV

Outside the door, the entire Shelby family waited.

˝Come on, Ada. Tell us!˝ John pestered his sister, but she remained situated.

˝John, no! It's not on me to tell you! When they think it's time, they'll come out.˝ She told him. Footsteps were heard approaching the door and it opened to Arthur's cheerful face.

˝It's a boy!˝ He exclaimed and the hall erupted in cheers and laughter. He moved away to let the family in. Monica smiled at the group.

˝Everybody, meet Nikolai Adam Shelby.˝ Monica introduced her son. Tommy. John and Freddy exchanged knowing looks, smiling.

˝Welcome, little one.˝ Polly stated.