Prolouge

Shadow and Sonic were in the chamber where that monster was. They alongside Knuckles were trying to shut down the Chaos Emeralds before that cannon shoots and destroys Earth.

"Knuckles," shouted Sonic, "now!"

"Right Sonic," said Knuckles, and turned to meet the Master Emerald, "Master Emerald, I command you to shut down the Chaos Emeralds!"

Then the seven powerless fell to the ground. But before they decided to rest, they got a call from Tails.

"Guys!" he called out, "We have another problem!"

"What happened, little buddy?" replied Sonic.

"The monster just turned into the cannon!"

"Great...we'll need to go Super if we want to beat it..."

Knuckles then repowered the Chaos Emeralds with the Master Emerald. Sonic and Shadow then went Super as a huge sound erupted, Sonic took advantage of this moment to talk to Shadow about something.

"Hey, Shad?" he asked, "Could you do something for me?"

"What," groaned Shadow, "I don't think I have time for a-"

"Please...just...*sigh*...at least listen to what I have to say..."

"Ugh...fine...just...just talk..."

"Incase if anything were to happen to me...would...would you watch over Tails for me? At least check on him?"

"Sure..."

"Oh, and...uh...one more thing?"

"Hmm?"

"Tell Amy I love her..."

"Oookay..."

They then headed outside. They were fighting trying to stop the monster. They then had to use Chaos Control. Shadow then took off his inhibitor rings. The two super hedgehogs then flew right to the monster.

"Chaos...!" shouted Shadow.

"...Control!" shouted Sonic.

Then, the Ark was put back into orbit. Shadow opened his eyes and saw his four inhibitor rings. He looked around for Sonic, possibly floating around to see him saying, "Taking a break, Faker?". Instead, he saw him, looking very tired. He could see that the tan skin had gone pale, the yellow fur's color was a bit faded.

"Finally waking up, Faker?" he said with a smirk, but the yellow hedgehog didn't reply, "Uh...hello? Sonic? You okay, Faker?"

"Y-yeah..." said Sonic, "...just...tired...very...very...tired..."

"You know...that was strange..."

"Wh-what?"

"I don't feel that tired...I could've sworn that I used all my energy..."

"Y-yeah...I...knowww..."

Then, glowy-looking sparkles began to fly off Sonic. Shadow could see that his yellow fur was bit-by-bit, coming back to blue.

"Sonic? What happened?" said Shadow, more confused than concerned, in fact, he wasn't concerned, "What's going on?"

"Just..." said Sonic, feeling weaker and weaker, "...giving you...a second...chance."

The yellow hedgehog then began to start going down towards Earth. Shadow grabbed his wrist.

"Sh-shad..." said Sonic, looking up to see Shadow's blood red eyes, "...wh-what're you doing?  Y-you know that I'll o-only take you down w-with me...right?"

"I'm trying to save you!" said the pale yellow hedgehog as he grunted to pull Sonic up.

"Wh-why?"

"Because...you're my...friend!"

"Oh, Shadow...I told you...to...take care of...my...friends...if anything ever happened to me..."

"If you want them taken care of...then why not let me take the beating, huh?! Trying to get away from them?! Bored them?!"

"N-No, Shadow...be...because...I-I'm...giving you...a...second...chance..."

"Wh-why?!"

"Because...you're...my...friend...please...let...go..."

Sonic then place a ring in Shadow's hand and got out of the pale yellow hedgehog's grip, Shadow tried to grab his head spikes, but accidently pulled off a single quill.  Sonic then fell towards down to the Earth.  Shadow waited until he couldn't even see the star like dust trails that the hero had left behind.  Shadow then flew straight towards the Ark.  His tears flew off his cheeks as they froze and and became a part of space.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

SONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!