Chapter 1: I'm So Sorry...

Star Wars: Imperial March (Anakin's Suffering) | EPIC EMOTIONAL VERSION Playing

Shadow was coming into the Ark.  He saw all of Sonic's friends stare at him.  Noticing that he came back alone.

"Where's Sonic?" asked Amy, "He'd better not be hiding from me again."

Everyone laughed, always knowing that the Blue Blur would always pray for a way out of Amy's traps.  Shadow only looked down towards the ground.  Amy could see some tears coming out of the Ultimate Lifeform's eyes.

"Sonic...he's..." he said, twitching, "...I'm so sorry..."

The whole crowd fell into silence.  Amy began to shake in fear.

"Wh-what do you m-mean?!" she said, shaking harder, "Is...i-is he...?"

Shadow stepped toward Amy.  Knuckles and Tails were about to push Shadow away, thinking that it could be a trap, but Chris stopped them, telling the to hold until Shadow does try something.  Amy pulled in her hands, wondering what Shadow was gonna do.  Shadow then softly grabbed her hands, opened the up, and put a single ring and a yellow quill on her palms.

"I searched everywhere for Sonic..." said Shadow, "...but this was all I found..."

Tails ran into another room, everyone went after him to comfort him, also because that they wanted to give these two hedgehogs a little privacy.  Once they had all left, Shadow then hugged Amy tight as the pink hedgehog began to cry right after.  Amy cried even more the very minute she saw the yellow quill fade back to blue.

"I'm so sorry..." said Shadow, stepping away from Amy, cupping her cheek, "...I meant to use Chaos Control, but...he...h-he...he got out of the grip and...gave me this ring...I tried to grab him...but instead, I got this quill...I'm...so...I'm so sorry, Amy!"

Shadow then got down to his knees and began to sob.  He felt that he had broken his promise.  He promised Maria that he would protect everyone in anyway he could.  He felt like he failed when he failed to save Sonic.  He then looked outside the window.  Looking at the Earth.  This was his second chance, and he was gonna take it.  For Sonic, for his friend.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

Poor Amy...Poor Shadow...