Chapter 3: Strange Feelings

Shadow didn't like this, he didn't like it that Amy was seeing him relax beneath a tree. He didn't like it at all. Shadow then zoomed straight out of there. But when he got to a point he just couldn't see Amy anymore, he all of a sudden felt weird in his stomach. He didn't know what it was.

"Wh-why do I feel like this..." he asked himself, then he looked into a mirror and saw that his cheeks were still red, and burning up, "...am...a-am I...blushing?! Wait, wait, wait...does that mean...that I love Amy?! No, no, no, no! I don't love Amy! I don't love Amy! I don't love Amy! I don't love Amy!"

The Next Day...

He was walking towards a restaurant and then bumped into a hedgehog, it was Sonica. His rage flared up as he saw the pink hedgehog.

"Stop following me!" he shouted.

"I'm not following you!" Amy shouted back.

The two then realized that they were attracting attention. They decided to go to Angel Island, where they could be more alone. Where they continued their argument.

"Alright, now listen," said Shadow, "you don't know me. You know nothing about me at all, Amy."

"Oh, I know plenty!" Amy said, "You are an angry-edgy-annoying-idiot. And that's all you've ever been, you're always distant, and cold, and alone! Were you ever with someone?!"

"YES!"

"..."

"Back on the Arc...I was happy...with Robotnik...your Dr. Eggman's great grand father or something...and...Maria..."

"Who?"

"MARIA!!!"

Amy stepped acknowledging that Shadow can sometimes get stronger as he gets more emotional. He screamed as he tried to hold his tears

"She was everything to me!" Shadow screamed in rage, but he could no longer hold back his tears, he then came down, crying, feeling all alone, "Sh-she was...e-everything...t-t-to me...I-I tried to stop th-them...the agents of...G.U.N...but I just...c-couldn't...stop them all...I tried everything, my best abilities without hurting everyone...else...but...I was too weak...I wasn't able to save her...save M-maria..."

Amy began to cry too. She couldn't believe in what she had done. She didn't mean to lose her temper. She then grabbed Shadow for a hug. At first, Shadow wanted to push her away but, he began to ease in a little.

"I'm so sorry, Shadow..." said Amy, sitting down as she wiped his tears, "...I didn't know...I should've been more calmer."

"I-it's okay..." Shadow said, still sobbing, "..like y-you said...you d-d-didn't kn-know...I forgive y-you..."

The two hedgehogs headed to the Hidden Palace's balcony. Once they got inside, Amy tried to comfort the troubled Shadow. They reached the balcony and then began to feel that very same feeling.

"Me, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles would always love to come here, near the lake," she said, "I love the water...we would lay down on the sand...let the sun dry us..."

"I don't like sand..." said Shadow, "...hard...rough...but...not like here...here everything's soft...and smooth..."

Shadow then ran his hand on Amy's back. She then turned to see his blushful face. Then subconsciously, the Ultimate Life Form began to lean towards her. He then pressed his lips against her's. He didn't know what he was even dong. Amy tensed up a little, but quickly calmed down. She then came to her senses and gently pulled from the kiss.

"No..." she said, blushing greatly, "...I shouldn't have done that..."

"Sorry..." said Shadow.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

Sometimes, love can come quick, but it can also leave just as quick as you give it, sometimes.