Chapter 1 Summer Fun

Summer before 5th Year

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Crystals POV

'Ding Ding Ding' my alarm clock goes off. I stand up slipping on water on my floor. I let out a string of curse words as I transform. Sirius is here and likes to pull pranks on me, but sometimes he doesn't consult James. Only my parents my twin, and my best friend know of my little scale problem. I quickly steam myself getting rid of my tail before heading downstairs plotting my revenge. "Morning mum, morning dad, James and Siruis still asleep?" I ask walking into the kitchen. Seeing as they weren't here yet. "Yes they are sweetie," mum tells me taking out her wand. "Want me to do the spell?" She asks. I nod looking at the stairs making sure the boys aren't coming. My mum or dad puts a water repellent spell on me whenever there are people over or we go somewhere. I had to learn it before I went to school. It's to protect me. Now I get it being a mermaid must be pretty cool, but there are a couple downsides. Like whenever I touch even the smallest bit of water I turn into a mermaid, lucky for me the spell keeps me dry. The other downside well on full moons I go crazy. I turn totally wacky. It is horrible and I remember nothing. This one time when I was 9 I made a huge storm and woke up in the pool. Anyways there is a good thing about this I have special powers, I can control, freeze, and boil water, create storms, and turn invisible. I loose my train of thought when an owl flys into the room. My dad grabs the letter and gives him a treat, "Here you go sweetheart It's from your friend Lily." He says giving me the letter. I quickly open it. I scan over the letter. "She wants me to go to a sleepover at her place this weekend. Can I go please mum please dad!" I beg. "The full moon is on Sunday you can't." Mom says sternly. I groan "You never let me do anything! The sleepover is Friday to Saterday mum I'd be back Saterday afternoon!" I try to reason. "I think we should let her go," my dad says coming to my defense. "What about the spell?" Mum asks making me realize that it will never happen. I rarely get to see Lily because she won't come over and I can't be at her place for long becaue I need the spell 2 times a day. "Well I've been talking to Dumbledor. And with her situation he is getting her a pass so she can use the spell when she needs to, but only that spell." He says and I get my hope back. "Fine," mum says giving in as we hear the boys running down the stairs. "Here comes thing 1 and thing 2," I joke as they come into the kitchen. Dad laughs as they sit down. I give glare at James as he messes up my hair. I completely ignore Sirius. "You 2 will have to find someone else to prank this weekend I'm going to a sleepover," I say wavying the letter in front of James face. He grabs it reading it, "Your going to your future sister-in-laws?!" He asks excited. " No I'm going to Lily's." I tell him with sass. "Same difference," he grumbles. He opens his mouth to talk but beat him to it. "And before you ask no you can not come not to drop me off or pick me up. Lilys mum will be picking me up and dropping me off." I say before he can start being annoying. Oh wait! "Ok fine mum while shes gone can Remus come over? " James asks mum and dad. He always gets his way so they immediately say yes. "Well I gotta go pack." I say akwardly running to my room. I kinda have a small crush on Remus. I mean he's smart, kind, shy, and really cute. I pack a small bag with clothes and my wand. Then sneak into the boys bathroom and put hair dye in Sirius's special shampoo. I go back to my room and write Lily a letter saying I'll be there. I send the letter with the family owl. After that I read a couple chapters of one of my favorite books, The Secret Garden. My brother walks in about an hour later. "We are going to muggle London wanna come?" He asks. "Nah if Sirius is leaving for a bit I think I will go for a swim, how long will you be gone?" I say nicely. "A couple hours have fun k," he says leaving the room. We have a special bond we can be nice to each other but we like teasing each other too. I get changed in a bathing suit, now I know what your thinking, why does a mermaid own a bathing suit? I have one just in case or I want to go swimming, it would be weird if a girl who loves swimming doesn't own a bathing suit. So I have a couple. Just in case. I head downstairs bumping into Sirius, James, and my mum. "Honey why are you in your bathing suit?" My mum asks sweetly. While you guys are out imma go swim in the pool is that ok mum?" I ask annoyed. "Fine but be careful." Mum says strictly. "Oh and Remus will be here in a couple hours so watch out for him k?" James says "Alright bye guys" I say walking to the pool as they leave. Once I'm sure they are gone I dive into the pool turning into a mermaid.

I swim around the pool for an hour or two before I hear commotion from the house

I swim around the pool for an hour or two before I hear commotion from the house. Then suddenly I remember that Remus was coming over and went to the ramp halling myself out of the pool boiling my tail quickly right before I see Remus coming. He walks outside as I wrap my towl around my waist. "Hello Remus!" I say happily. He blushes slightly as he sees me. "H-hey Crys," he says, "do you know when the boys will be back?" He asks looking to the ground. "I'm not sure, but it should be soon. Which reminds me I should get changed Lilys mum will be here soon. I run off leaving him outside. I quickly change and wait downstairs for Lilys mum to pick me up. She finally gets here and we go to her house.

How was that? Please please please comment and give your opinions. Bye for now- Crystal