Chapter 7 Mermaid Crazy

Remus POV

The next moring I wake up as the sun is rising so I quickly get ready, thoughts of Crystal drowning most of my mind. I wake quickly wake up James wanting to ask him before the others get up. He slowly sits up looking at his watch, then back to my face with a glare. "Why did you wake me up at 5:30?" He asks still groggy. He grabs his glasses putting them on and a glass of water on his nightstand. "Well?" He asks upset raising the glass to his lips. "Is your sister a Mermaid?" I ask, his expression tells me everything as he spits the water at me choking. "I'll take that as a yes." I say watching him become fully awake with alarm inhis eyes. "I swear Moony if you tell anyone-" I cut him off before he has the chance to continue his threat. "I won't I swear in fact I solemnly swear that I will tell no one ever." I tell him watching as he relaxes. Shes a half-breed just like me, well not exactly like me, shes a beautiful mermaid and I'm a hideous beast, but she gets it she understands how people treat people like me because she is like me. I have to talk to her, I want to know theres someone who gets it. I run down to the common room seeing her sitting in the window reading. "Hey Crys wh-what are y-you doing up s-so early?" I stutter out, her head snaps to me alarmed. "Oh nothing just reading," she replies looking nervous. "I won't tell anyone, I just want to know how it happened if you'll tell me." I say she looks down, "What are you talking about Remus tell anyone about what?" She says trying to confuse me its smart but not smart enough. "I talked to James already I'm fully aware that I was not imagining ur tail." I say watching her carefully. She bites her lip looking me in the eyes. "Fine your right I am a-a mermaid. Its a long story, but I can't tell you right now not here. I'll tell you everything tonight umm in the umm at umm oh of course the black lake. Meet me there after at 10. I have to go." She says fast before running out of the common room. I can't wait I really wnat to know everything about this I can't belive I've been going to school with another halfbreed. I run to the libary thirsting for more knowledge. When I get there I quickly go to the Magical Creatures section and look for mermaids. I only find one book after searching the whole section, but it was about mer-creatures like the ones who live in the black lake. I sit down upset not being able not find anything. I look at the bookshelf once more in defeat when I notice a small black book on top of the shelf. I summon it down and turn it over in my hands, "Jackpot." I whisper to myself looking at the cover.

I unlock the book and start reading, apparently the gem on the front gives mermaids power. And there is a bunch of potions, spells, and recipes in here. Like something called Arctic Marshmallow, and Moisturizing Lotion. I wonder if shes seen this before. It is pretty dusty and the gem on the front I've never seen anything like it, it's called a water crystal. It says its powered by full moonlight. Theres a whole section on how to use them. Theres also stuff on power devolpment. (🌊This book is called I found a H2O/Mako Mermaids spell/powers/potions wikki page and former knowlage and I picked this book cause it is not only a mermaid but also has a gem strickingly simular to a moon ring stone ok back to the story🌊) This book is incredible. I don't even realise I missed breakfast until Madam Prince tells me to get to class. I hide the book in my bag and run to class I barely make in time.

After Classes
I spent the rest of the day reading the book. I completely miss dinner, wanting to finish the book. This summer I think I'll ask if I we could go to Australia far away from these dark times, but I want to study this moon pool thing, this is the best. I notice its getting close to ten so I grab the cloak my wand and thr book and head to the lake.

Duh duh duh

Ok I'm awear it is weird having such a long chapter in Remus' POV but I thought it would be cute don't worry it won't be happening much. Also keep scrolling cause I'm gonna keep writing the story down below so not a true cliffhanger. Tricked ya.

I reach the lake 2 minutes before 10 looking around for her. At exactly 10 o'clock I hear a splash and I look st the lake to see her come up from the murky below. "Remus, this is who I am, if you are gonna tell anyone," I cut her off. "Crys I would never do that to you your my friend. I wouldn't hurt you." I say taking her hands in mine. She is so pretty, her pretty dark hair wet in a ponytail, and her beautiful dark blue eyes sparkling. In the moonlight. "Rem? Remus, umm thank you, so much." She says looking into my eyes. I suddenly remember the book. I think I'll wait for a while to give it to her there is still some things I need to look some more maybe try a couple things yet. "Would you tell me how this happened? I'd really love to know, if you feel up to telling me that is." I ask her with hope. "Sure but first help me out of the water, that would be great." I smile, and grab her hands, luckily/unluckily for me the full moon is in less than a week so I'm a bit stronger than normal. After she is all the way on the sand she raises her hands over her tail and steam rises off, she does this for a few mintues before she is dry and in her uniform. She's so pretty I can't help but stare. "I'm guessing you want to know how this happened," she starts. I nod excited to learn everything.

And y'all will learn everything next chapter. Please vote. And I won't update unless I get 3 different comments. Cause I love feedback. It inspires me