10

Catherine reaches just in time in her house to witness Amy and Jo fighting, full-out fighting as her sisters and Marmee attempt to stop it. "You wicked girl! You wicked, wicked girl! I can never write it again! I'll never forgive you as long as I live!"

Catherine quickly got in between Jo and Amy, able to cover Amy behind her as she took Jo's sobbing hits on her chest for the loss of all her hard work. Catherine was terrified that Jo would do something that would cause Amy to unwell but understood the older's feelings right now.

Marmee made one look into Catherine's eyes and she knows that the girl will manage Amy, so, taking it upon herself, she gradually peels Jo from Catherine and guided her back to her room. Meg pursued Marmee and Jo, leaving Catherine alone with the two youngest sisters.

It has always been this way; Catherine was the only one able to handle and talk with the two.

Catherine turned and got on her knees before Beth, knowing the youngest was shocked at scared at all the raising voices and anger thrown. Holding her arm gently to show that she was going to handle everything, smiled and said kindly, "Why don't you head to bed first, don't forget to brush your teeth." Beth hesitated; she didn't want to leave but felt that she had to.

As soon as Beth was out of sight, silence fell in the room. The quiet distant sob from Jo could be detected, but the girls were willing to ignore it. Catherine turned around, facing a shrinking Amy that was holding her arms guilty.

"I know what you did was out of anger. But it wasn't right, Ames." Catherine didn't put any tone in her sentence, simply making it sound like a normal conversation than a nagging. "Jo worked hard on that, and it wasn't easy on her."

"I'm sorry," Amy said. "I am!"

Seeing Catherine blank facial made her want to cry. The girl always had that look of disappointment when she didn't intend to show it. Catherine sighed, there was no point arguing and Amy knew her fault, "You should be apologizing to Jo. Promise me you'll try."

This made Amy stop sobbing and nod. Catherine knew she probably wouldn't, Amy had too much pride to say the word, especially to Jo who she would always bicker. The only time she was able to sincerely apologize was to Beth and Catherine alone, but that was a secret among the three.

"Amy, please." Catherine went to her knees, caressing Amy's arm to see how desperate the girl was. Catherine didn't like to see her family break because of this.

Amy frowned seeing her sister in this state and never likes to disappoint Catherine. "I will... tonight." Catherine's eye beams in relief, standing up with hands tight with each other, Catherine helped Amy to Jo's and Meg's room. Upon entering first, Catherine saw Jo weeping, Marme cradling her head, and Meg holding her hand. Slowly encouraging Amy to walk in who looks penitent. Catherine nods at her as if to say "go ahead"

"I'm sorry, Jo." When there was no response, Amy looked at Catherine hesitantly for help and the girl responded in a whisper on inducement. "It's just that the only thing you care about is your writing so it's not as if I could hurt you by ruining one of your dresses. And I really did want to hurt you."

Amy took a step up, trying to show her sincerity the best, "I am the most sorriest for it now. I'm so sorry." Jo still refuse to respond and that did hurt Amy but the proud and happy glint in Catherine's eyes was enough for her. Catherine watch carefully as Marmee whispered to Jo.

She signals Amy in her arm, ready to leave the room and call it a night but both heard what Jo spoke, "She doesn't deserve my forgiveness. I will hate her! I will hate her forever!" Catherine, softly push Amy ahead, muttering how proud she was of her for owning up to her mistake.