49

Days turn to months then turn into years.

The once immature, full of fun and wit, only having the desire to spoil and laugh, the March sibling grow into beautiful little women. No longer apart, together, and closer than ever.

Everyone's role and part in life have been played.

Meg and John grew to love and cherish each other, breaking through the troubled life of the start of marriage and struggle. They overcame together as a family. Instead of keeping concerns to themselves, they communicated, spend time, and most especially understood each other ways and perspectives of life.

Amy and Fred married no long after being engaged, and as promised to his new wife, he took Amy on a whole world trip before settling down with the kids. A year of just them two before a child was given, a loving and defiantly their child from appearance and behavior. They were contended as they were.

Jo and Friedrich's relationship was at a slow pace. That is what you have to expect if you're dating Jo March, but the man didn't complain, he was more than happy to be beside her, through her career and more. He knew the most that could ever happen was that they both are pleased with the current situation and that marriage isn't even in the plan.

As for Cathy and Laurie...

A lot happened between them. Unexpectedly, it took a long while before Laurie proposed once more. It took a while since they choose to take challenges first, from living together to traveling together before settling down together. They were having fun with being just the two and no one else, choosing to be childish and playful first.

This caused her to be the last March to settle down, not counting Jo of course.

And when Laurie got down on his knee, he presented her with the ring Mr. Laurence had promised to hand down, the ring his grandmother had once worn. And on their wedding day, he gave her the ring his father had given to her mother. Both were two rings Cathy proudly wore every day.

Aunt March surprisingly came to the wedding, not only she came, she came with an apology. One to the bride for all the harsh treatment and forced into an unloved marriage and to the groom for seeing him as a distraction and bad influence. Aunt March still believes, but Laurie took it as a compliment. She also gifted them a land for their wedding gift.

Now, marrying Laurence and being one now. Cathy had all the money she needed, even if she spends them, there would still be more. Plus, she has her own money that could buy the land itself from her Aunt. So instead of denying the gift since she knew it was her aunt's way of apologizing, she accepted that land. After a month of pondering, she built a huge mansion-like building and gift it to Jo so she would turn it into a school for children.

As for children, Laurie and Cathy didn't have any... until recently.

Today, on the 14 of April. Jo is supervising a great number of rambunctious girls and boys of all races and ages. They are finishing lessons for the day, and everyone runs outside at full speed. She makes her way down the stairs and is handed a homemade cake by one of the children. She kisses him on the head and continues through what she's built.

Every inch of the school is covered with the student's work, and all of the former stuffiness is gone. She's in her heaven. She past Friedrich's classroom, all the students with their violins learning from him how to play. They smile at each other and she continues out.

Then she passes Amy conducting a painting lesson with Fred her husband as the model as he held a bowl of fruits very carefully still. Meg supervising children in a play rehearsal as John Brooke with their children holding onto his pants feeling clingy, leads a botany lesson.

Jo called out for them all to follow after her as she leads them outside.

Sun shone brightly and warm perfect weather. Jo walks past Laurie giving a fencing lesson. He wasn't going easy but gave a great inspirational speech and comfort to the children. Cathy was not far from him in a more shaded area as she told a story from the book on her lap to a group of children no younger than seven. Her acting and tone switches between characters got them intrigued. Mr Laurence sat beside her, with his age now, the man enjoy to company of Cathy and the children.

Leading a procession of children and family behind her, and holding the cake, Jo and the group arrive upon Mr. Laurence and Mr. March, teaching the very young children the alphabet by having their bodies form the letters. Marmee, who is having each child read aloud to break their shutters and nerves. Hannah too was beside her, clapping and cheering in delight each time a children finish a sentence.

Jo presents her mother with the cake, and all of them, and the children, wish her a happy birthday as they gather around her at the set bench filled with food. Jo looks around at the group, so happy she was able to be alive with them, so amazed. Her eyes fell on each one, longer on Laurie and Cathy as she watches her friend snuggle into his wife's neck as he mutters words against her ear while carefully caressing Cathy's stomach.

Cathy is pregnant, and soon, she will be able to greet another family in her arms.

Beth, Cathy, Meg, Amy, and Jo are very young girls, playing in their attic, together again, if only in memory, or in the book.