Kami

It was finally over.

A barren wasteland was all that was left.

A field of the dead.

Both friend and foe.... But they won, didn't they?

He was still standing somehow... was it over?

Izuku honestly couldn't tell... it was all such a blur. A blur of: Blood, Rain, Ash, and Tears.

Looking at his hands he noticed the blood staining them. The bits of gray matter, bone, and flesh hanging from his crooked and now mangled hands.

He felt the burning of tears in his throat, the sensation of a wail aching in his chest, aching to be free.

He began thinking of everyone he failed. Everyone who died. Everyone he so desperately wanted to see.

He could still see them.

He could still hear them.

And it was too much.

Leaning his head back, he screamed. He howled into the night air, screeching a deep guttural cry out into the world.

Why did it hurt so much?

He did it... He should be proud... HE SHOULD FEEL GOOD!

Why... why did it all feel pointless...

Why did it hurt?

He tried to step forward, inorder to begin his hunt for any survivors.

But he soon felt his legs no longer worked. And his chest began to hurt and feel heavy.

Tilting his head back down to survey his injuries. He froze.

Danger sense was blaring at him, screaming at him that he was at death's door. And now he knew why...

He had taken hits from Shigaraki. Bad, hits.

He could remember how during his rage he felt several stabbing sensations throughout his body. Which he originally thought was just the drawback of One For All settling in.

But upon closer inspection... it was Rivet Stab. Shigiraki must've released the quirk in a desperate attempt to shake him off.

He took one to the chest (probably hit a lung), another had sliced deep into the flash and muscle of his cheek (just below his eye) and the last had left a hole in his left calf muscle.

He was bleeding out.

He was going to die.

He'd already lost too much blood. There's no way paramedics could save him. Just like he couldn't save his friends.

And in his rage he killed them. Both Shigaraki and ALL FOR ONE. He even failed to save Tenko.

As the guilt of his failure set in, he felt his legs buckle, and give out from under him. No longer being able to support his weight.

He choked out with bloody hitched breath and slowly growing tears, One For All had one final desperate flare as he tried to get up, "Mom, All Might, Everyone... I'M SO SORRY!!!"

And with that final cry of despair... he let One For All snuff out, and his consciousness get swallowed in darkness.

—————————᭙ꪖᛕꫀ ꪊᜣ—————————

Suddenly everything he was feeling, just, stopped.

The once overwhelming sounds of crumbling buildings and burning battlegrounds disappeared.