Vigilante In The Night

It was a dark, cold, and rainy night. The perfect wether for a small scale bank heist. A handful of low level criminals had been hired by an unknown sponsor. And Deku intended to stop them.

He had perched himself on a building across the street. Waiting in anticipation. Totally unaware of who was watching him from afar. At least, that's what the Titans had thought. Besides you don't study under Eraserhead for nearly a year and a half, and not pick up on all types of stealth.

They were watching from a nearby apartment building, hoping to finally see the vigilante let his guard down. Or to understand what he was doing, or planning to do.

"What's he up to?" Asked Raven.

"He's just watching the bank. I don't know what he's up to, looks like he's waiting for something." Cyborg responded.

"Well that's just great." Beastboy comments with sarcasm.

"Hey lay-off man." Cyborg said, "Besides we haven't even been out here that long. It's only been... three hours?!" Cyborg yelled in shock only to get hushed by the other Titans.

"Remember we're here so we can monitor this guy." Robin states while drawing his attention back to the stationary vigilante.

"How did you even know he would be here?" Raven questions.

"Security footage suggests that they have been perched on this roof every night for the past 4 days. I think he's planning something that has to do with that bank." Robin clarifies by pointing towards the building across from them.

"So you think he's going to rob the place?" Cyborg asks.

"No. Not exactly. So far his actions and activity suggests that he is in fact on our side, or at least, he fights for justice. I suspect that he knows something." Robin states, trying to clear up any confusion.

"Well then I guess he is the trustworthy. For the now." Starfire claims.

"Y'know. I've never noticed just how animalistic he looks." Beastboy voices his thoughts. "I mean I think it's because of the gloves, boots, and mask but, it feels really intimidating."

"Ya got a point there Beasty. The guy definitely has the intimidation factor." Cyborg agrees.

"He reminds me of a demon." Raven claims, confusing the others.

"What do you mean?" Cyborg asks, hoping for an explanation.

"It's the horn like things on his mask, along with the jagged metal mouth guard, they kinda look like fangs. Plus all of his abilities look a little demonic." Raven states while examining the vigilante, "Those black tendrils that shoot out of him, that smoke that just billows out from time to time, the angled 'angry' eyes, the glowing pupils on a black background. It all kinda screams evil. Yet he's a good guy."

"What's the saying? Don't judge a book by its cover?" Beastboy asks.

"Yeah. Oh! Look! He's making a move." Robin examines, bringing the Titans focus back to the target.

And indeed he was making a move. The criminals that Deku had been waiting for had finally shown up. And he had decided to wait for them to enter the building before following after them.

Once they all entered, Deku used Blackwhip to pull himself to the roof of the bank. Using one of the support tools he had in his utility belt, he unscrewed the vent and made his way in, using Blackwhip to pull him through the vent system.

"Alright Beastboy, your up." Robin states to Beastboy who was currently a fly that cyborg was attaching a mini camera to. "Remember stay in the building and observe the vigilante. If he starts to do something villainous we will come in and stop him. But, if he doesn't, keep following him. We might be able to learn more."