Animosity Between Us

He hated how similar this was.

He hated that he would now have to deal with this a second time.

The prison break already set off some red flags, after all... it was a prison break that almost crumbled his old worlds society.

And Cyborg leaving the team only solidified his fears.

History is doomed to repeat itself.

It took a minute, but Deku, who after getting out of his stupor, had rushed off after Cyborg, hoping to knock some sense into the metallic man.

"Cyborg! Wait!" Deku yelled as he came to a sliding stop in front of his friend.

"What are you doing?? You can't just leave!" He shouted, "Especially after that!"

"This has been a long time coming... and I've had enough." Was Cyborgs only response.

"B-but... we've still got Cinderblock, and those escapees! You can't just give up!"

"I'm not giving up... I just can't be a titan... I'm sorry" Cyborg stated lowering his head and continuing forward, "just let me go."

With those final statements the bionic man had left the green vigilante staring, not knowing what to do or say.

Time skip and POV change, brought to you by a chibi Cinderblock breaking through a wall

The sounds of turning gears and a series of other heavy equipment hard at work fill the air only illuminated by the soft glow of red industrial lights, occasionally broken by a soft thud as Cinderblock clumps deeper into the lair.

Until he comes to a stop. Before him seated on a large thrown sat a single man.

No features can be seen except the glint of full-body armor and one eye, the left. An overhead fixture pours light down on the seat, as he stared intently at the concrete man, In the harsh glare of the light the right side of the head and shoulder show a gray tint, while red-orange appears on the other side.

 An overhead fixture pours light down on the seat, as he stared intently at the concrete man, In the harsh glare of the light the right side of the head and shoulder show a gray tint, while red-orange appears on the other side

"Cinderblock. I see your mission was a success. Good. We will proceed with Phase Two. Wake him." The shadowy figure states.

Taking the command the behemoth strains at the metal cap on the top end of the tank and manages to unscrew it, releasing thick clouds of vapor. When they clear, the occupant begins to stir from his slumber.

"I'm...awake? I should never be awake! I'm only human when I'm sleeping!" The unnamed man yells in a panic.

"But for what I have in mind, your human form is useless. I need Plasmus." The shadowy figure states as he leans forward.