Chapter 6: Meet the (Poppin') Party

SĀYA'S POV

Sāya: So what's the plan?

The blonde girl then looks towards Kasumi with a serious, but determined look. We all look to Kasumi as well, to which she faces us with an eager grin.

Kasumi: Don't worry. I've got it all planned out~

AT THE BASEMENT...

Sāya: ...So you've got nothing planned out.

After that exchange earlier, we decided to take the discussion down to the basement where we usually have our practice sessions. Kasumi said she had a plan, so we listened to what she had to say. To our dismay, she apparently had nothing prepared and merely stated things we had already discussed in past meetings that we'd either agreed to keep or discard. And the things she did have that were new just didn't work.

Kasumi: It's hard to come up with new ideas, okay? I'm not good at this stuff!

She exclaims with a pouty look on her face.

???: Wait, so you're telling me that you called me up at 9:00 PM in the evening, telling me to gather everyone to the warehouse while claiming to have a plan... only for you to tell us that you haven't taken care of funding, have no permission to borrow any equipment, haven't prepared a set list or any of the songs we're doing, haven't even planned a location, have asked none of the other bands if they're interested in joining, and all you have for us is a crappy costume design beyond any costume designer's physical capabilities when our self-sponsored show is only A WEEK AWAY?!

The blonde girl glares at Kasumi.

Kasumi: Heeeyyy! Meanie! I worked on that costume design! I spent the entire math period doing it...

Tae: Woah, you work on other stuff during math period too?

Kasumi gasps as her eyes light up.

Kasumi: You do too, O-Tae?? Do you ever draw stuff on your notebook?

Tae: I draw rabbits when I can't solve a problem. It helps relieve me of stress.

O-Tae takes out her math notebook and shows Kasumi some of her rabbit doodles.

Sāya: Wait, why did you bring that with y--

Kasumi: So cuuute~! My notebook's full of stars! I think I drew a guitar too. And then a stage with Arisa on it, and--

???: Kasumi, take this seriously! This was your idea! Jeez, no wonder when someone needs academic counseling, it's always you two.

Sāya: Ahaha... Okay, calm down, calm down. Now that we're all here, why don't we start planning right now?

The blonde girl sighs.

???: Well, that's pretty much all we can do right now, so whatever.

Sāya: Alright. You and I will take care of the equipment and funding.

I tell the blonde girl.

???: Sure. CiRCLE probably has a lot of spare equipment we can use. I'll ask Marina-san if we can borrow them.

Sāya: Great! Kasumi. O-Tae. Can you two do the set list?

Kasumi: Sure! We--

Before Kasumi can finish however, the blonde girl intervenes.

???" No, no. I'll handle that part. You two just worry about what songs we'll be doing, and let me know. I don't want your messy handwriting on our set list.

Kasumi: Ehehe...

Kasumi scratches the back of her head, embarrassed. She turns to Tae.

Kasumi: O-Tae! Let's do the new song you wrote!