Chapter 7: Not All Heroes Wear Capes

[Y/N]'S POV

I was at home, preparing myself an ice pack for the bruise on my face.

That Keith can really throw a punch...

As I lay in bed, I take the ice pack and press it against my face. I flinch a bit from the sudden but brief surge of pain. I then allow myself to relax as I take a deep breath, and...

Sigh...

This week just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Too much happening within just the span of a couple days.

First, I meet Sāya and discover my favorite place in town - Yamabuki Bakery of course. I gain my own personal school bully and a friend who is conveniently the nephew of our teacher. I attend school tardy three days straight. Then I meet three strangers who coincidentally all happen to be part of a band Sāya herself is in as well.

...And I got to meet a real-life tsundere.

My thoughts? They're scarier than the anime depicts them.

As I continue to stare blankly at the ceiling whilst recalling the events of these past few days, I fish a piece of paper out of my pocket and stare at it. It's the ticket Toyama-san gave me for Poppin'Party's live show.

[Y/N]: Poppin'Party, huh?

I smile.

Never would've thought I'd meet people who were in a band. Meeting others who passionately pursue music as a group and play for the thrill of it...

...It brings back memories.

Memories of when I strived to make a dream come true. And I did it with...

...

...Nevertheless...

I didn't wanna refuse because I didn't wanna disappoint them. I mean, how often does some random guy just come across a band and receive a free invitation to one of their concerts?

It's not that I don't want to watch them perform.

I just...

...

I stare at the ticket.

[Y/N]: What am I gonna do?...

I check the date and time.

Saturday, 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

...

[Y/N]: Welp... Guess I'd better put it on my schedule.

I place the ticket on the desk beside my desk and sigh.

I'm really doing this, huh?

I then stare at the star sticker I had found earlier today.

"This band is that sparkly, heart-pounding thrill I've been searching for ever since that night with the stars. It's the feeling that changed my life forever. We'll sparkle on that stage and put on a show so incredible, it'll make your heart beat like it never has before!"

[Y/N]: Sparkly, heart-pounding thrill...

I stare out the window and see the moon. I watch as it gazes down on us while brightly lighting up the night sky.

That girl found herself in love with doing music alongside her friends. I'm certain her friends feel the same way. They're all really passionate about it. They seem hardworking and they don't look like the type that would give up so easily. They don't look like the type that does this stuff merely for the fame or the wealth. They do this because they love it. Because this experience is something precious to them as a group. As a band. As a little family. This is their sparkly, heart-pounding thrill - the one Kasumi talked about.