No.14

Washu POV

"I said I'm fine!" she pulled away, stumbling upon her feet and nearly falling off of the staircase. This girl...

"Really?" I hissed not liking it any more than she did, but at the same time battling with an odd emotion evoked with every touch or thought her existence brought into my life. "You are so stubborn this is ridiculous..." I accused in a quiet mutter.

Her hooded eyes sent me a sharp glare from the side, as she let out a scoff and proudly walked in front of me until we reached her floor. By the way, this girl wasn't even living in the dorms! She had her own apartment in one of the buildings not too far from the campus grounds.

"How come you got this place?" I questioned intrigued while scanning her small yet cozy living room.

With a devilish smirk, she shrugged and took off my coat, leaving herself in a bra, which was enough to make my blood boil at the sight of her naked skin. Skillfully averting my eyes away from the girl, I pretended to be interested in some random box.

"Paid more, why? Jealous?" there was a hint of amusement I didn't appreciate. Sure, the place was nice and away from the noise of the students, but I couldn't care less.

"Not really no," I answered indifferently still avoiding the contact.

"Bummer," she uttered and went ahead into another room, leaving me standing at the entrance unsure of whether I should leave or not. "I'm going to take a shower. You can come in you know?" she informed while peeking from behind her bedroom door.

My heart began to race a million times per second. "W-w-wha..what?" I stammered feeling sudden confusion.

"What?" she arched her black brow before chuckling softly. "You are weird. I will let you shower after, just come on in and wait on the sofa or something, it bothers me that you are standing there."

OH! Yes of course! Internally scolding myself for letting my thoughts run wild, I listened and did as said, but while she showered, I wondered why was I still here. Checking the phone Elina hasn't messaged which meant she wasn't back home either. Guess it was fine.

"So, want to take it or not?"

Unsure of when she got out and stood in front of me, but I must have been spacing out big time, because my guard wasn't up and eyes were unable to pull away from the view of a petite girl standing right in front with damp hair and an oversized shirt.

"Hello?" she waved her hand and frowned. "Did he do something to you...?" her voice fell and she allowed her hand to gently graze over the side of my jaw, looking for bruises.

Gulping I was speechless, my heart couldn't stop ringing loudly in my ears, whatever was going on has completly overtook my mind. Using all my strength to get a hold of myself I grabbed her hand maybe a bit too roughly and pushed it away.

"I'm fine," I grumbled upset, not at her, but myself.

My action must have genuinely upset the girl because she scoffed and walked away towards the kitchen.

"You can go if you want, you seem uncomfortable around me," she sounded angry, but then continued with a different tone; much more honest for a change. "I get it I was a bitch, but you have to understand I wouldn't have hurt your friend. I just needed information that's all, and while it might have not been the best way to do so I don't fucking know how to talk to people or be nice. Okay?" she ranted while preparing a bowl of cereals. "So- what I mean is I truly don't want you to hate me, although it might be already too late for that..." she gave me the saddest most heartbreaking smile.

Get a hold of yourself damnit!

"I'm not!" I introjected a bit too desperately, changing her expression into a much brighter one. "Listen I understand, to some extent. Would I ever do it? No. But then I'm not you and I don't know anything about you either so... What I'm trying to say"-I felt dizzy-"I don't hate you."