No.16

"Psst," my friend's shoe not so gently kicked my leg. "Is this for real?" she asked again, after not receiving the answer to the first couple of tries.

Annoyed by having my attention taken away from the woman sitting at the other side of the small restaurant located in the lovely area at the city center, I used all of my strength to look away and send daggers to Washu.

"What do you mean?" I huffed, in reality not knowing the way to respond after randomly dragging her along with me. "We came to eat," I surprised myself with the lie, causing a burst of laughter to escape her lips.

"Are you sure about that?" she smirked and glanced at the woman who had no idea we were here.

Scoffing I rolled my eyes. "Coincidence, never heard?" I playfully stuck out my tongue, hardly ever being this childish, but with Washu, this behavior was allowed.

"Riiiight," she dragged the word and shook her head while scanning through the menu as the waitress has approached us with a wide smile on her face. "Do you have something for an awful temper?" Washu asked with mischief sparkling in her grey eyes, causing me to snap at her with annoyance.

Waitress chuckled at the silly question. "No, but we do have some good drinks after hours, if you would like to join maybe?"

Raising a brow, I watched the scene happening right in front, like a movie humans loved to watch on their TVs.

Washu smiled, but I knew this one was fake. "Sorry, I don't do after hours. Two of these appetizers please and this as well," she pointed at the menu having the waitress write down the order before leaving not too happy about being turned down.

"I mean she was cute?" I began unsure of why would Washu not be too keen on making new relationships, I did tell her to have fun while we were here. "And I don't have an awful temper," I felt the need to point out.

My friend shrugged and remained silent until finally commenting on the last sentence, "You are stubborn like a log when it comes to feelings, I do consider it awful."

Chewing against my inner cheek, ignoring and knowing well that she indeed spoke the truth, my attention went towards the man who approached Nahla's table.

Taking a second to take him in, he did look harmless, which was my main concern. I only came here to ensure she would be safe and wasn't meeting up with a creep, or so I thought until a pang of hurt welcomed itself in my heart.

"Oh..." my friend muttered, her cheek resting against the palm of her hand. "I see," she must have finally gotten the answer she so wished to know.

Feeling her eyes on me, I watched Nahla greeting the man and speaking to him with a warm smile, this sucked. Could she be my human? Could I walk up to them and tell him to leave? How does one receive permission for such a thing? And most importantly why did I want that?

"Elina, it's okay. You do know we cannot get attached to any of them..." there was sorrow in her tone, she didn't like it any more than I did.

"I'm not attached," I grumbled, being smarter than this, but not wanting to face the truth. "I'm just making sure she's safe, I'm allowed to do that, right?"

Washu's grey eyes fell upon my saddened expression, biting onto her lip she nodded having no words to my desperate attempt of dealing with feelings.

"Anyway, what's up with you?" I dared to change the topic.

Her eyebrow arched in surprise; she wasn't expecting me to notice how oddly she's been acting as of late. "Nothing's up, what do you mean?" she retorted, helping the waitress to put the food onto our table as a kind person she was.