No.21

I never should have walked into that park, I never should have looked into her stunning sandy eyes, is this the regret? No, it's just the pain I never thought I would feel, and maybe I should be glad, happy even to know that someone, as broken as me, could experience such a thing. But here I was watching her from afar not understanding why she hasn't left my mind.

My lips pursed and teeth began to chew against them, the sight of Jonah in her presence irritated me, why were they still friends? Why did she allow him into her life? She rejected him, was she still considering his offer?

"We could kill him," Keith whispered and smirked when my head snapped towards him.

Squinting my eyes this could have been a nice solution, but it wasn't right.

"Oh please!" he laughed hysterically making me frown.

"What?" I hissed. "You've been around too much. Don't you have things to do? Go find the princess or whatever."

Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder and I flinched, completely unaware of anyone else's presence.

"Elina..?" Washu's grey eyes filled with worry. "Did I scare you?" the question was more of a statement. She observed me thoroughly something I despised.

"Don't be stupid, I was just lost in thought," I muttered and straightened my back to appear more in control than I was.

"Were you talking to someone?"

Looking around I noticed Keith was gone, he always done this, disappeared without notice, however just how good could he be at this for her to not see him from the distance?

"Keith was here," I shrugged seeing no reason to lie.

She remained quiet for a little bit before humming lightly. "What did he want?" she asked trying her best to remain casual, but I knew her too well to not notice the discomfort.

Frowning not understanding the behavior, maybe he made her uncomfortable. He was a dick after all.

"He's just messing around at this point, I truly don't even think he's here on the admin's orders," I scoffed annoyed by his unnecessary presence. Washu raised her brows awaiting the answer. "He told me to kill Jonah because I hate him."

Her pupils dilated and a gasp sneaked through her lips. "What?"

Rolling my eyes with a pout my head pointed towards Nahla and Jonah sitting on the other side of the park chatting. "Why is she still talking to him? I don't get it..." I grumbled. "She doesn't love him so why is she still meeting up with him? Thought he would be gone."

"He's her friend, they've known each other for a while, he knows things about her you don't and understands her human struggles. Just because he confessed, and she has not replicated his feelings doesn't mean they won't be friends..."

Chewing against my bottom lip I huffed, "Well he sucks, she should have better friends."

"You are so jealous," she whispered. "Elina," her voice changed its tone when speaking my name. "Allow yourself to explore these feelings instead of"—she glanced at me with saddened eyes—"this."

Avoiding her grey irises burning into my soul I objected, "There's nothing to explore, don't be ridiculous."

Allowing her to pat my shoulder she answered. "I'm not saying go marry her damnit, just explore it, enjoy it while it lasts, you deserve as much."

"I don't," I disagreed with no hesitation.

Her lips parted but no words followed before she pursed them together and sighed. Not liking the change of mood, I gave her a small smile and squeeze her on the shoulder. "How about we take this moment and talk about what happened at the bar?"