chapter 7

It has been a week since that outbreak between father and son, Every time the two tried to meet up, Zhongli would constantly add more meetings and work for Xiao to prevent the two from seeing each other, and Zhongli even broke Xiao's phone and requested every phone company to ban Aether's number.

Xiao work was slowly tiring him out and he misses spending time with his beloved but he can't even chat with him cause of his father, as much as he protested the wedding was set for the next month with the second son of the Guhua clan, they had a few meetings together but Xiao would refuse to come despite his father's warnings.

"You are going to this meeting whether you like it or not, do you hear me!" Zhongli slammed his hands on the wooden desk, making some of the important documents to fall off, " I already told you, I will never fall in love with that boy neither will I ever attend this stupid meeting! It's a waste of time and it's all gonna be useless cause I rejecting him!" Xiao shouted back, repeating the same action as his father. Zhongli was fed up and slap, hard, xiao. Xiao just held the place that was beaten by his very own father. "Ahem, The guhua clan is here for the meeting. I'd suggest you stop fighting and get ready for them. " Ningguang interrupted thankfully for the four of them, Hu Tao was beyond scared at such a argument, her usual cheeky self wasn't present as before. " You will get ready, Level 20. Third room to right. I'm sure you know where that is, Hu Tao." The girl trembled at the mention of her name of the former founder of this very company. " You will ensure that my son attends this meeting in half an hour. I'm sure you can do it, now if you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to." Zhongli straighten his tie and walked off with ningguang at his feet, Bowing slightly before walking off.

"Phew, that was scary! Hey, come on don't be such a downer. If you don't stop frowning I'm not gonna give you the gift I've worked hard to prepare!" Hu Tao smiled her usual teasing smile when she saw xiao's curiosity. "Hand it over you pig tails." Xiao lifted his hands only to receive Hu Tao's phone. "I don't need your stupid phone. I can always buy a new one you know. " Hu Tao scoffed and too the phone and pressed a button. "What are you-" xiao was cut off when the voice from the other line spoke. "Uhm, hello? Who's this?" 'Aether!' xiao looked at Hu Tao, she wasn't wearing a cheeky smile like always more of a warmer one. "Aether! This is Xiao, I'm calling through Hu Tao's phone. Are you hurt?" Xiao immediately bombarded Aether with a thousand questions asking if he was fine, or how school for him was. "Xiao! I thought you didn't want me anymore since you weren't contacting me." Aether sobbed a little "Never! I just... Well you know my father, he ban your number from every phone brand. And he kept putting more work on me that I couldn't see you for this past month. Please don't think that. I'll find a way to convince my father that you are more than worthy and that we can be together!" Xiao said, Hu Tao mad a gagging noise from the amount of cringe her boss was saying earn a smack at the back of her head. " It's time to end the call Mr lapis. I'm sorry." Hu Tao still had to do her job if she wanted to keep earning money. Xiao understood and said his goodbye to Aether.

After calling with xiao, Aether wasn't sad and numb anymore. This gave him motivation to stop laying in bed crying, he was gonna pass that dumb exam and earn his right to date xiao. "Everything is going good with you boyfriend I'm guessing?" "Lumine! Yep, and now I'm gonna work hard! And thanks for taking care of me for the past month, i know it's tiring.." Aether said "it's alright, just good to see my brother back." Lumine smiled and went out of the room.

"We'll leave you boys be, I'm sure that's a lot to talk about." The head of the Guhua clan said, laughing. Both the unwanted man was finally gone and both sons sighed. "Look, I already have someone I love so I'm not interested." Xiao declared. "Oh, you were forced too? Damn that must really suck, i too have someone amazing I'd prefer to marry." Xingqiu was his name, "then I guess we share a mutual goal? Shall we devise a plan to get this dumb wedding out of the way?" Xiao smirked and xingqiu too. The two immediately started planning, well not inmidately. The two wanted to show off their wonderful lovers first.

"Hu Tao, call ganyu and Keqing. We're gonna bust this wedding."xiao said cockily. He nodded and the plan was set. "Pleasure doing business my Liege." Xingqiu bowed and left the building.

Ok change of plans, the ending date will be 15 march cause well, bad news. I'm tested positive and my entire body is very numb even right now typing is hard and this headache doesn't seem to be subsiding. So please be a little understanding if I go beyond this deadline. Alright, stay safe everyone!