Ⓣⓗⓔⓐ

a/n: This is a disclaimer that I didn't do any research on this chapter about Native Americans/Tiger Lily's race. Thus, I kept the names of the tribe members the same with the movie's. I apologize in advance if anything comes across as racist or offensive; please know that I'm Chinese, I've suffered from racism before, and I truly mean no harm. Enjoy!

Peter Pan began flying in the direction of Tiger Lily, leading me to the Native Neverlandian encampment. I hoped that my positive attitude would make a difference to her first impression of me. After all, Tiger Lily was a PRINCESS in a way, and who wouldn't put on their best behaviour in front of one?

"I think you're gonna like it here," Peter Pan told me. I had no idea why the others (namely Faith and Ianna) kept calling him Frying Pan. He didn't look like one. I suppose it was just a joke then. 

I stared at the encampment which was slowly beginning to grow bigger as we approached. "So, what's Tiger Lily like?" I asked Peter Pan. 

He shrugged. "Oh, she's sorta quiet sometimes, but when she says something she means business. But something's been up with the camp lately. Tiger Lily says she's got it under control, but I keep hearing shouts from the encampment." I frowned. Shouting? There was definitely something up with the encampment.

We landed right in the center of the encampment. "Are you sure nobody will jump out and attack us or something? You know, it's very rude to just land in the centre of someone's home uninvited--" I was cut off by the sound of shouting, and I gulped.

Suddenly, some Native Neverlandians jumped out from behind their tepees, and rushed towards us. They gathered around Peter Pan and I menacingly. "Who are you?" A particularly fierce one pointed at me and shouted at his comrades. My knees started shaking; all I wanted was to meet Tiger Lily. I glared at Peter Pan, who was smiling at the Native Neverlandians. For all I knew, he had landed us in this spot and led us into this predicament.

I looked around at the horde of people, and I saw a girl around the same age as me confidently walking into the crowd that was surrounding us. "Let the boy go," she spoke softly, but her voice did not waver; I instantly knew that she was Tiger Lily.

As the crowd of Native Neverlandians slowly drifted away, Tiger Lily walked up to me. "Who are you?" she held her head high and questioned. Even though she was a princess, I refused to be intimidated and stood my ground. "I'm Thea, a friend of Faith and Peter Pan." I said with my head held high just like Tiger Lily.

The Native Neverlandian princess looked impressed. "I am Tiger Lily. Welcome to the Native Neverlandian encampment, Thea." she announced regally. I did my best curtsy, but she just looked at me strangely. Oh well, I guess they don't curtsy here.

I watched as Peter Pan tapped Tiger Lily on the shoulder. Tiger Lily whirled around and tilted her head, giving Peter the permission to speak. "Faith said she might be That One," he told Tiger Lily. The princess turned around to face me again, and I could see her eyes grew wider. "That One?" she frowned and took a step closer to me. "Follow me into my tepee," the princess ordered. I nodded dutifully; I was in her camp after all.

The first thing--rather, person that I saw upon entering the tepee was a large man with a condescending face. "Hello," the man said. "I am Tiger Lily's father and the Chief of the Native Neverlandian encampment." 

Because I didn't quite know what to do, I gave the Chief a respectful nod. Tiger Lily did the same as me, and we sat in front of him. "Father, Peter Pan said that she was That One," Tiger Lily's tone had changed from a steely, commanding tone to a meek, submissive one.

"And why should we listen to Peter Pan? You know how much chaos he has created for the encampment." The Chief frowned harder.

"Because the Believer told him so, father. The girl is That One." Tiger Lily replied. Upon hearing this, the Chief's frown softened. 

"Tell me, girl, how do you usually settle arguments?" The Chief peered at me. 

Even in this situation, I refused to be afraid. "When I see a dispute, I usually ask for both sides of the story and determine what had happened, who started the fight and who was the one who needed to be punished." I answered as honestly as I could; from what I could remember, that was how I dealt with the last fight I had come across at my new school.

The chief nodded his head. "Very well. You, girl, will help us solve our problem." I sat straighter and smiled, "I won't let you down." Tiger Lily smiled next to me, too.

***

"So...what's going on?" I asked Tiger Lily once we got out of the tepee. In response, the princess sighed. "This is all because of the Lost Boys...they teased my people, for we have a different skin color than theirs. Now some people are arguing in the camp because they want vengeance by killing the Lost Boys, and some want them to be banished from Neverland." 

I rubbed my chin thoughtfully. "Either way, it's not going to work. Peter Pan is going to come at you for revenge, and you're basically just taking Captain Hook's side here. We need to figure out how to teach them not to make fun of you without angering your people or killing the Lost Boys. After all, you were the first ones here in Neverland, but Peter Pan and the Lost Boys also play an important part on this island."

Tiger Lily looked at me and nodded. "We'll have to devise a plan," she replied. "Thea, thank you for helping the Native Neverlandian encampment. The pranks have been going on for too long." I smiled at Tiger Lily, and said, "No problem. Solving conflicts is part of my job,"

Tiger Lily giggled, and I laughed along too. "Something tells me that we are going to be friends for a very long time." Tiger Lily said softly, and stuck out her hand. I shook it gladly. Tiger Lily seemed like a trusting person and a noble leader, and so I smiled at her.

"Hi Tiger Lily, hi Thea! Faith, Ianna, Astrid and the Lost Boys are headed to Mermaid Lagoon. I think we'd better go now, or else Kyra and Scarlet will be stuck in Pixie Hollow," Peter Pan suddenly flew up to us.

I gave a halfhearted smile. "Can't I stay here?" 

"It's alright, Thea. You should go. Just promise to come back as soon as possible," Tiger Lily spoke up.

"Thank you!" I gave my new friend a giant hug. Tiger Lily seemed taken aback, but she returned the hug. Peter Pan sprinkled me in pixie dust, and we took off into the sky in the direction of Mermaid Lagoon. "SEE YOU!" we both shouted at Tiger Lily's receding figure as we soared into the Neverland sky. The Native Neverlandian encampment was a wonderful place to be, and I couldn't wait to return.