2

—————
The white snow seemed to shine brighter when the moon was out. Kier loved seeing the flakes illuminate.

"Why don't you just go outside," he jumped and turned to the person. "It's negative five degrees," he commented quite blankly. "That would do it," the person seemed to laugh it off.

"I'm Dev," he said holding his hand out. "Nice to meet you." Kier said smiling up at him, "And you are," Dev dragged off. "Oh shit yeah, I'm Kier," He responded and shook his hand.

Dev chuckled.
Kier smiled.

"So what are you reading," Dev asked sitting on the window with him. "The classic, To Kill A Mockingbird," he responded. "I actually haven't read it yet," Dev commented. "I like books like 1984," Dev said

Kier smiled.

No one ever came to the bookstore to read, so how did he know about that one.

"That one is very interesting, Although dystopian fiction isn't my thing, it is a good read." He said.

The conversation seemed to go on for a couple minutes. It hadn't.

Kier had set up a makeshift bed out of the couch cushions in the break room, he moved them in the storage room, it was just a big closet, but it would keep them hidden and keep the warm air trapped somewhere as the rest of the store grew cold as the night grew darker.

—————
"God what an over thinker" he laughed.
—————

He took some pillows from the windowsill they sat at and put them in the small closet. He smiled, content with his work, it had been better than most things he slept on.

"Sorry for the cramped space, I can sleep somewhere else," Kier said. "No, it's okay, I'd feel bad." Dev responded.

They walked in the closet.

Everyone loves awkward tension, it hugged both of the boys tightly as they lay in the semi darkness, staring at their designated wall.

"So how old are you," Kier asked sitting up, "I'm 19," Dev said following behind him. "Same here," He responded.
—————
"Thinking back on it, it was a weird question,"
—————
The sun had rose and shone behind the many clouds, leaving the grey sky to stay and keep the blizzards impact on the ground.

No one knew what would happen.
—————
"Maybe Orwell was smart to write a dystopian future."
—————
The boys woke up,

well they did,

for a week.

The ice only seemed to melt when they opened up.

On week two and they were fine,

on food and water. No pipe bursts. Just the sound of soft breathing and awkward tension.

Tension Kier couldn't stand.

"So we're on week two." Kier comments, "What are you gonna kiss me or something," Dev blurts. "What?!" Kier exclaimed wildly, "What?" Dev played it off. "Nothing," Kier said, eyes a little wide.

"Definitely wasn't expecting that," he mumbled. Dev hid his face in his book, trying to muffle his chuckles.

They both seemed to relax around each other after that.

Kier had woken up first this time. Finding the hand on his waist he wrote it off, they were sleeping in a closet after all. He put on his winter gear and silently walked out of the store.

Trudging through the thick icy snow he sighed when he finally got down the street, getting through the store doors.

He got a lot of food this time.

Now not only feeding himself but this blizzard could start up anytime again.

Getting all he needed, he scanned his groceries himself and trudged through the snow with all the bags in his hands.

With every step he sunk deeper into the icy bricks.

He swung open the doors, exhausted and let some of the heat escape. Realizing rather quickly, he hurriedly and softly set down the bags. Closing and locking the doors.

—————

"What a boring day"