8

October 25th, XXXX
—————
"Kier is that you" he heard from behind him. So he turned around, noticing them he smiled. "Yello, Hi," Kier said. Wrapping his arms around him.

"It's been so long how have you been?" Yello asked. Kier laughed and smiled, "I've definitely been living," he laughed off. "How have you been," he asked.

"I've been alright, I actually got a promotion today." Yello responded, "Really? That's awesome, where do you work?" Kier asked.

Dev was getting worried, Kier hadn't gotten back after their argument.

Kier wasn't happy, he didn't want to leave Dev alone for long but, he wanted to catch up with his old friend. So he sat there in the library for a couple hours.

Just talking and catching up with Yello, he didn't notice the sun was going down until Yello told Kier he had to go. That's when Dev walked in.

Seeing the two hugging, saying their goodbyes. Dev walked to Kier, "Kier, Oh who's this," Dev said, "This is Yello, he was just going." Kier said stiffly.

"Yello, this is Dev," he introduced smiling towards Yello. The tension between the two was quite obvious to him.

They shook hands softly smiling at each other with Yello waving a goodbye.

Once he was out of the shop Kier walked away from Dev, "Where are you going," Dev said sighing. "Away from you." Kier answered, he started looking for his keys.

"Okay but, you can do that at home." Dev said, "I don't want to be around you right now," Kier said going to the lockers near the back of the store.

"Kier-" Dev started. "No Dev," Kier interrupted. "You don't get to just assume things about me." He said, "I explained to you that I need to go. Why are you still on this topic." He finished, turning around towards him.

Kier was tired, Dev had brought it up almost everyday, making Kier almost feel guilty. Almost...

Dev was just confused. Curious.

"I know I'm sorry, I just am so confused. Something isn't sitting right. I think I was jealous" He blurted, looking up from the ground into Kier's eyes.

Jealousy.

"I'm gonna stay at a hotel tonight." Kier said, moving from in front of Dev and towards the door.

That made Dev snap,

well.... emotionally...

"What no, I will, you go home." He said, grabbing Kier's hand. "Dev It's okay, I'll be okay. We can talk about it later." Kier suggested, slowly pulling his hand away.

He liked Dev wanting him to stay, it was nice knowing someone cared about him that much but, he couldn't.

"Kier please," Dev pleaded, but Kier was stubborn, whispering a no and shaking his head he pulled his hand away from Dev's.

"Kier I-" he stopped.

Not to save Kier the trouble but, Kier planted a kiss on his lips. It wasn't long by any means, just a short quick peck that left Dev stunned.

So when Kier was about to leave he put his hand on his cheek and planted another one. Making this second last longer than the other.

It wasn't heated, just a long passionate kiss. One that intensified their feelings.

Kier pulled back first.

"I won't be back for awhile." Kier said, sighing, feeling relief wash over him. He put his hand on Dev's staring at his eyes.

Their breathing mixing with the other's. "My sister is sick, I have to go back home." He said, rubbing his fingers over Dev's.

"I know, I just wish you could stay longer." Dev said, water forming in his eyes. Kier stared back, "I know you would do anything for me and all I want you to do is stay here." Kier said.

To say Dev was hurt was an understatement.

"Kier, what about the job?" Dev said tilting his head. "I have enough sick days and vacation days, hopefully, I'll be fine. I'm still gonna get paid." he said.

Kier moved his head and kissed Dev's palm, lingering there for a couple extra seconds before pulling away.

He held Dev's hands and stared into his eyes and walked away, picking up his things.

How do you say goodbyes? Dev was too heartbroken. He had his own family problems so he couldn't judge.

So walking out and staring at him, Kier looked back and smiled. Dev wanted to scream, to yell at him for only telling him about his sister now, Yet the only thing that left his mouth was,

"Don't forget to write me."