3

—————
Dev yawned.

He sat up, rubbed his eyes and stood up, walking out the closet. He was hit with a sweet aroma, one that made the usual awake grogginess disappear.

Kier hummed a tune, putting the old stove to use. He wasn't doing much but baking blueberry muffins, he put some fruit on the two plates he had previously set out and cleaned it up a little.

"Well this looks amazing." Dev said standing in the doorway, Kier jumped and turned around as he pulled the oven mitts off his hands. "How did you- Oh, never mind." He backtracked.

Putting a toothpick through one of the muffins and seeing it come out clean he started putting a little butter on each.

"Butter?" Dev questioned, "I promise you it's good." He responded, putting all of the muffins on a plate he walked out into the store.
"Can you grab the drinks?" Kier asked, Dev nodded and grabbed the two mugs.

Kier walked to windowsill, He set both of the plates between them. Kier in his corner and Dev in his.

Dev handed Kier his mug, he let his legs hang off the ledge as he held his, setting his mug down to grab a muffin. He took a medium sized bite.

Dev loved it.

"Oh my gosh," he said taking another bite of the muffin, he hummed happily. "You did so good with this." He commented, then picked up a fruit and ate it.

Kier chuckled.

"Thank you," he answered.

Dev smiled.

"Thank you" he responded.

They quickly started talking in this comfortable moment. Getting to know one another once more, laughing at their memories. It almost felt like they knew what was going to happen in them.

It was comfortable for once, Kier kept glancing outside, seeing the icy cover disappear and the soft snow reveal itself.

He took a sip of his drink and stared at Dev's eyes and then his lips and then his eyes again.

He didn't know why he did it, it was weird, but he didn't seem to notice that he did.

They yawned and retreated back to the closet.

It was only noon.

It was as if they wanted to be in this cramped space together.

—————

"I didn't even realize how much time we spent together," he wrote.
"We never even noticed it."

—————

As the effects of the blizzard disappeared the two never seemed to really care.

Kier got up and washed the dishes they had left, the few of them they used. He sat at the windowsill, waiting for Dev to get up.

An hour passed.

Two hours...

Three...

Kier stood up and walked to the closet, opening the door he saw Dev awake, contemplating. "Come on, I have to get ready to open shop." Kier said grabbing the mans hands.

Dev groaned.

"I don't have anywhere to go, can I stay here." he confessed. "Well why didn't you just say that." Kier said crossing his arms. "I'll see what I can do, but come on, my boss has to think I've done some work." He said.

Dev nodded, understanding, and walked out. Kier walked to another room, grabbing something. "Fill as much of this out as you can." Kier said putting a piece of paper on the table.

Dev was fascinated, Kier seemed to always know what to do. Always figured out a solution to the problems. Maybe being an over thinker wasn't that bad.

—————

He laughed at that.

—————

Kier took the pillows and put them back on the windowsill, he put the cushions back on the couches and, folded up the sheets and covers, setting them back in a box.

It was almost as if nothing ever happened.

They both were curious people, very averagely nervous about things.

So why are they so scared of what's gonna happen after this?