7

How would you know if you loved your friend more than a friend.

Platonic and romantic love aren't that different.

So that's what Kier told himself, he just loved his friend, he REALLY loved his friend.

Dev is like family.

Well that's what he wanted to feel like, so he stayed in the delusion. How would Dev choose him over having a girlfriend, it was just insane.

He didn't let it stop him from working, he didn't want to think about it, every time the thought came up, he hummed a tune until he started a conversation.

Dev on the other hand,

Well he was dead set on thinking he was going crazy, that this little closeness was getting to him.

How did he get attached so quick?

He dissociated a couple times while working, thinking about this.

Did he want to? No?

He wasn't sure, but he didn't want to ignore this,

issue

at hand.

They hadn't really talked since that little moment, only focusing on their work and what was going to happen. They only really talked to each other at work, whenever it got boring.

When they got home they stayed silent, Kier usually playing music and reading, Dev contemplating but, he always ended up reading.

Today Dev got a text on his newly bought phone, he quickly discarded it seeing the message.

"Where's your phone?" Kier had asked. "I ended up not getting it." Dev answered, "Oh okay." Kier said going back to checking some books back in.

—————
"Jealousy is truly a villain"
—————
The girl who had flirted with Dev walked in with a friend of hers, A tall guy, he was attractive and had gray eyes.

Kier wasn't fascinated about the color gray.

Seeing Dev at the counter she quickly walked over starting to flirt with him, having thought he was her boyfriend he was surprised when he seemed to not care.

But when she saw Kier, she flipped the switch.

He was even more surprised when the guy walked over to him.

They were both placed at the counter. They could hear the flirting.

They could feel the bomb of jealousy in their throats, Dev was about to do something, as the girl was loud, very loud.

Dev was close, yet, seeing Kier's confused and uninterested face made him slightly back off.

Slightly.

Kier stared more at the guy talking to Dev, he could catch the occasional compliments he threw.

He felt like a jealous boyfriend.

He stopped, stared at the girl and said something, he thought he would regret. "I'm gay," he said, as blankly as possible.

Given, he didn't know if he was but, it got her to back down. She looked embarrassed and thankfully dragged the guy with her.

He cackled as they walked out.

Kier and Dev turned towards each other and started laughing, it was unusual and it also helped hide the jealousy they were feeling.

Not wanting to start any conflict they just said they we're gonna get back to work, Dev really wanted to say something.

They went home together, Dev wanted to say something.

So he did.