4

They were right to be scared.

Dev got the job but, he was busy. He had applied for another after that, getting both, he seemed to have no time to talk to anyone, let alone Kier.

But he seemed happy.

That's all that matters.

It wasn't, he came into work around the same time as Kier, everything was fine until no one could find him, he seemed to disappear.

Kier knew, sighing he snuck away. Walking to the closet.

"Dev wake up," He said rolling his eyes and opening the door. "Five more minutes." He groaned, trying to swat the light away. "If you aren't out in five minutes, you're gonna be fired."

That woke him up.

"How long have I been in here for," he says hopping up and putting his badge back on. "It's been an hour and a half," Kier answered. Letting go of the door and walking out with Dev.

Needless to say he got an earful from his boss. Taking it rather nonchalantly, he apologized, trying to wake himself. "So I wanted to ask you something before I go again." He said putting on his coat.

It was already winter again?

"Would you like to be my roommate?" Dev asked, Kier blankly stared at him. "It's okay to say no-" Dev tried to explain himself but Kier stopped him.

"Sure." Kier answered. "Okay, there is a second key under the mat." He said. Opening the door to the store. "Did you mean today?" Kier questioned.

"Anytime you want Kier bae." He answered. "What?!" Kier exclaimed wildly. Dev laughed loudly, "See ya Kier." He waved a goodbye. "Bye?" Kier waved.

He had questioned the encounter, maybe a little more than he wanted to.

He didn't have many things, only two boxes full of his things.

He saw a note hanging on the door.

He took it off and it read.

"Your room is down the hall on the left, don't party without me!
-Dev :]"

Kier smiled a little, he bent down and picked up the key, putting it in the doorknob, took him a couple tries but, he opened the door. Sliding the two boxes into the apartment.

He was a little surprised, wondering how he got it so fast, Kier had been working for longer and could never keep one place.

It was unfurnished, assuming he had just got it. The half marble, half carpet floors made it look even more bare. He followed the directions and opened the door to his room. The floors were carpet and he thanked that.

—————

"This was the beginning"

—————