2. Kister

Hallways
I never thought that deaths eyes would be the colors of summer.
I couldn't move.
Or talk.
And he just looked at me ,waiting.
Waiting.
What was he waiting for, could he stop looking at me??
He was standing there like he want an apology.
Ofcrouse
Ofcrouse he wanted a apology. He was a king and I a soldier. I highly think he wouldn't be expecting to be treated differently just Beacuse he was in another kingdom.
I cruised silently before I gave slow bow that made me feel open to attack, and muttering the words I wouldnt have dreamed of saying to him.
"My apologies, your majesty"
Whether my apology satisfied him, I didn't care.
I stood up and quicky tried to get away form him.
"Guard" he said.
His voice echoed in the hallway.
I wondered if I was far enough to say I didn't hear him.
I was considering ignoring him Intill I felt a arm on my shoulder.
I instantly grabbed for my sword only to releazed it wasn't there anymore.
It was in the hand of the sun ruler.
He had disarmed me without me noticing.
I stumbled back, if you can't fight something, better get away form it.
"Throne room"
"What?"
"Where is the throne room" he said again, sounding annoyed
"East of the castle.near the kitchen" I stuttered. The king nodded before throwing me my sword and walking off,
I just stared at him walking away, shocked.
I wonder if this is something you can show off to.
I directed the lost sun king to the throne room. And lived to tell the story.
My sword felt oddly hot in my hand, like if it was left out in the sun all afternoon.

A week later.
The excitement was gone. The deadline has arrived, today we're being shipped out like imports. 36 wagons had arrived ready to take us to our sure death. At least they didn't make us walk.
The exchange was quite big. There was multiple people there with bags. I carried my suitcase with all the things I would expect would be needed.
There was no description of the kind of cloths we should bring or what weather we should expect
There was no map of the kingdom or anything. There was no lead of what would be needed.
The moon kingdom had no knowledge about the sun kingdom. There was nothing. So I brought what I would normally bring to work.
Seven changeble outfits, 67 truff Incase I need to waste money, two work shoes, four pair of socks and a thin sweater. Although the moon kingdom was often cold, we were in summer In the moment, meaning it warm enough not to need to wear a sweater. Finally my group got called and we were loaded into a wagon. 17 poeple in each wagon

"Stupid exchange, stupid bird, stupidity people" Kit was mumbling under his breath. Kit's actual name was Kister but no one called him that. He and I didn't get along, mostly because he had blamed me for everything that went wrong.
I was sitting next to him.
Next to him
This was going to be a long ride.
...
"GOSH SHUT UP, WE DON'T LIKE IT ANYMORE THAN YOU BUT WE AREN'T COMPLAINING!" I FINALLY burst after the 145 commented about how stupid this was in the hour we had been traveling." HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT" he responded.
"JUMP OFF THE WAGON IF YOU THINK EVERYTHING IS SO STUPID!"
"NO, YOU"
"NO, YOU".
It went on for a while like that. Bad insults.
I like to praise myself for being more mature than most people. But kit had a way of making me act like a child.
Me and kister didn't talk for the next two days. Mostly beacuse all the insult he must have been throwing, wasted his energy. Causing his to fall asleep by the third hour of traveling.
Atlas the wagons stopped. "Alright ladies and gentlemen please make a line and you will be given your schedules and your responsibility for the time that you are here," said a young man, probably a second in command. It surprised me that someone so young could be in charge.
None the less I woke up kister and got off the wagon.
Once I had departed the wagon the uneasy feeling crept up on me. Ahead of us was the Sun kingdom castle. Enemy territory. Home of the birds as some of us called them.
For a few seconds I felt fear and the feeling of wanting to flee. It only lasted a second, before I caught myself and reminded myself that if we don't succeed we die.
Someone grabbed my arm, I nearly ripped it off. "Hey , Stop it, I need my arm. Look I agree that I don't like you, that 's no secret but ...I don't want to be alone in this place" kit said, refusing to make eye contact.
"Jeez don't be such a baby, you're lucky that I Know you probably cling on to me anyway"I grumbled back, secretly relieved that he had asked me. Besides him, everyone from the exchange was people I didn't know.

"Thanks"

Asshole castle
The hallways had been cleared. Not that many people noticed, they were too busy studying their schedules. I and Kit had similar schedules so the plan for staying together was gonna work. We had the same dormitories too. We were currently waiting for us to be assigned a new general.
So we waited in a cleared hallway. I was surprised to be shivering. It was freezing here. I need to distract myself form the cold.
So while other people were looking at their schedules. I was looking around. The sun kingdom was extremely different from the moon kingdom.
The moon kingdom had been filled with comforting shadows that promised to keep your presence hidden.The sun kingdom didn't know what shadows were. Every Conner was lit up. It was bright. with a lot of windows. And a lot of plants that managed to bloom from the sunlight.
The night kingdom made you feel covered, like wearing warm clothing on a cold day.
The sun kingdom showed everything.

I wanna hide

Fanilly a man with a odd mustache arrived.
"Follow" he said and we did,
We arrived in a dormitory. Inside were bunk beds,
"Am your new commander. This is your dormitory. You will wait for me the next morning. Till then stay in your dormitory"and then he left.
Leaving us to find our beds.
The dormitory was dusty and old. It seemed like it wasn't used in a long time.
Kit and I found a bunk bed. He chose the bed right across from me and continued with his nap and I sat down on my bed.
Wondering how it could be so bright and so cold at the same time.