3. First week

The Sun soldiers made no effort in hiding that they hate us.
The commander made no effort to stop their constant insults or tricks. Matter of fact they helped, targeting us in the warm ups, making us run extra laps, making our training unbearable.
We were assigned to stations which were in hallways that were always being used. There were always people there whispering and throwing things at us.
Kit was ready to commit a murder by the end of the first day. We were walking to our dormitory when I told him about the general warning. He was even more pissed.
"Make this work?! Make this work?! How can we make this work if we get freaking treated like trash! Curse that bird, curse this spoiled filthy little-" Kit kept. complaining until he has nothing else to spill."Look Kit I don't like this, I don't like you but I am dealing with it aren't I?"I responded once he was done although I secretly agreed with him. Am starting to think I preferred the constant war than this
"You're dealing with me because we don't want to be stuck doing this alone. BUT COMMON! THEY EXPECT US TO BE ABLE TO MAKE OUR WAY AROUND THIS HELL HOLE?" Kit burst into a new round of complaining. In this place, we only knew where three places were: the dormitory, warmup place, and our stations. They didn't give us a proper tour when we arrived, so we have no idea where anything is. Even the cafeteria. So today we haven't eaten anything. My stomach felt like a tight knot. To make it worse, we weren't equipped for the weather here. Although it is summer, in the Sun kingdom it's constantly raining or snowing.my first expression of this place was a warm place that got more sun than the moon kingdom. But clearly the fates were playing with us, giving us one day of sun before sending hailstorm, thunderstorms and everything storm at us. My thin sweater serves no protection from this weather. Even Kister fur is not enough.
We finally made it to our dormitories only to realize that it had been trashed. My suitcase along with other people's bags were missing. Including kit.
So we are off again looking for our stuff. We found it in the frozen fountain.
The snow didn't cool me down when I heard the distant laughter of some sun guards,.

Day two

Today we were walking and exploring during our lunch break. Hoping to run along into the cafeteria so far we had no luck and Kister was constantly complaining again. I was paying so much attention to Kit that I didn't notice the royal not so far ahead of us. By the time I did notice I worried that they had heard us.
Kister was loud, so I shut him up quickly by stepping on his shoe and motioning to them.
With luck they might have not heard us.
But yet again, luck has not been on our side for a long time.
Blue had heard Kit complaining from afar. Atlas, that is what we thought, for he stopped us when we were hurrying away from them.
"Good morning~ how is your day going?"
Great until you showed up
" Fantastic sir"
" Great to hear! How are you like the sun kingdom ?"
Awful, the place is too bright, we get lost constantly, our stuff is always missing, my pride is dead, I am always cold, it's dreadful even having to see your face
"It's just great"
"How about you shut up and start saying what you intend to say"
Both me and the kit stayed quiet, we didn't know how to respond.I was frozen In place, I don't practically enjoy being addressed by those of higher power than me. But it was my mistake, since I knew that the royal brothers had the ability to see and feel the emotions of others. And I highly doubt that my emotions are rainbows and cupcakes.
The king's other adviser who we found out name was Ink,cleared his throat awkwardly "Dream, Blue, remember that we are running late, we shouldn't be wasting time on these-"
"Your soldiers have been treating us like crap, '' Kit said suddenly.
I nearly stepped on his foot again to shut him up.
Blue looked Surprisingly pleased, "I thought you couldn't speak! We'll keep going, we are trying our best to make sure that this project works for the best."
"Blue you can interrogate them later" the king, the asshole said hurrying them ahead.
"Great, go away" I whispered, not meaning for anyone to hear. But I felt the hard glance of the bird on me.
That same day Kit was jumped by soldiers who had gotten a warning for blue to stay respectful toward the moon kingdom's soldiers.

Day three
I got jumped, I got stabbed in my right arm, and got a bunch of bruises. I was let out of the infirmary with a bandaid. I hate this place

Day four

We found the cafeteria only to be faced by rejection.The chef who prepared the food for the soldiers refused to take our money. He didn't want to feed enemies

Day five
For the warms up today we needed a partner, surprisingly one of the sun kingdom soldiers paired up with me freely. I haven't seen her before. She wasn't on the list of people.to avoid so I gladly stayed with her for the remainder of the day. After all, the kit was still at the nurse's. The wound he got didn't stop bleeding. They were forced to do something.

The sun guard had turned out to have come from the nursery. She had gotten injured badly and barely got released. She didn't give me her name
She didn't talk a lot

Day six

My day off. As sweet as it sounds. Kit's day off was day seven. So I was alone. I spent my day in my bunk. I was hungry but wasn't allowed food. I was tired from the brutal exercises that were given. And I still hasn't found a place where I wasn't being constantly watched.
I spent my whole day dreaming of home.

Day seven

Everything hurts. My stomach and my arms and legs. But I got up. like a good dog, I got up. The day was blurry. Well everything but one thing.
The announcement of the string ball. A ball is only held every 78 years. Why? Because every 78 years our soulmates would be revealed. Well kinda. We would get a tattoo on our right arm, it would be identical to the one of your soulmate. The tattoo was supposed to be a combination of your and your soulmate's personalities. Or family origin. Let's say your family is known for selling shoes or something. Then a shoe would. probably be in your tattoo and your soulmates.
The ball was gonna be held after next week on Wednesday, it was gonna be held in the sun kingdom. Lastly, the feeling of hope returned. A soulmate is supposed to be your other half , someone who loves and will want to be by your side no matter what. If there truly is someone like that Then all of my efforts would be worth it, there would be someone who would be worth fighting for. All I had to do was wait a little longer. Once again I missed having the privacy I had in the moon kingdom..

Day 14
Kit says I am impatient, he would be impatient if he was hungry.
Today, another person from the exchange informed us that stores in the kingdom would let us buy food. The guy had extras and due to my lack of speed kit managed to eat it before I.
Not that I blame him. We have been living off trash for the last couple of days. Leftovers.
I never thought I would fall so low to eat trash.
But no longer shall I do that. I guess my 67 coins would be used for good.
Now it was lunch. We had 49 minutes to go to town, buy food, eat the food, and get our asses back into the castle.
"Alright, alright I got the money let's get going or I fear you may eat me instead!" Kit joked but if he didn't hurry up would ground him to dust, and turn him into a hamburger.

Town

The Sun kingdom capital was nothing less than expected. It was a busy town, with busy citizens blocking up the streets. A bunch of stores were in place. Some were built out to stay there for good and others that set up there for a day or two.
They displayed amazing things, treasures from faraway lands, toys, clothing, and jewelry. One piece of jewelry caught my eye, well it charms at least. The charms were all different. One was what looked to be a raindrop, the next a crown, lama, bottle cap, metal Rusty leaf, and a snake.
The charms were connected by a long thin chain, but neither the charm nor the chain looked edible, therefore I went on my way.
At last we found a food stand. It was selling Meat buns. "Hello, two meat buns please" kit said, keeping a careful smile on his face while handing her the money.
The sweet-looking lady smiled, "please wait for your food to be ready"
We took our seats and waited. These were the times when we got reminded that we knew almost nothing about each other. Even though we had been each other walking buddies, bunk bed buddies, heal up buddies and wake up doofus you gonna be late for your shift buddies. Although one thing was for sure, we hate the sun kingdom more than we hate each other.
"soooo what is your favorite color-"
"Don't force yourself"

Kit looked pissed" I swear that if you don't put an effort at trying to become friends I will eat your food "
...Was this guy for real?! Yes, I was freaking hungry but he thinks he can threaten me like that? Does he think I will Forcefully become his friend for a meat bun? Well if he thinks for one second-

"My favorite color is light brown"