17 failing conversation

Pov -blue- breakfast
"oh"
That all that came out of my mouth.
Am pretty sure that this wasn't planned out. Or maybe it was.
"That's a wonderful IDEA-"
"No!" Kit suddenly snapped, smashing his fist on the table.
All eyes turn to him.
"Er- what I feel like kister is trying to say-" Ravine spoke up," this offer is really honorable. But don't you think it's a bit over the top? To be given such a position..."
"Yes- that's what I meant- " kister agreed
"Nonsense. When should this be discussed in more detail?" Nightmare said, clearly ignoring their desperate looks.
Dream nodded, glancing at me to make a date. I glare at him.
"How about tomorrow?"
"Nightmare is having a date with his soulmate that day" killer said, smiling sweetly at Dream," maybe we can have a double date with your- oh wait. Still haven't found them ri-"
"That's enough." Nightmare snapped, killer shut up.
Ravine was strangely still, he was holding his wrist tightly. Frozen while sneaking glancing at Dream .
Dream looked like he was about to commit a war crime. Killer has been pushing his luck, I will act before dream does, especially if he makes another damn comment.
"Maybe on Thursday. Are you guys free that day?" Nightmare asked the gaurds. Kit respond instantly,
"Yes but-"
"Great. It's a date then" I said, standing up," me and dream have to do some brainstorming about this whole new area in our court. So we be heading out."
Nightmare looked relieved, clearly this meeting didn't turn out how he wanted. Not entirely at least.
He snapped his fingers and two servants came out. They packed the gaurds food which was untouch and handed it to them.
"Well, you dismissed. Take the food with you" nightmare said, and without being told twice the gaurds grabbed the now packed food and quickly rushed out of the room.
Dream grabbed my arm and rushed us behind them.
"What the hell are you thinking?!" I snapped at him once we were out of hearing range,"to make a whole area of a court is something you can't just fucking do! Not to mention giving the jobs to the two most -"
"Can you not shit on me right now? I'm close to going back in that fucking room and tearing killer's head off his fucking body. Just help me find those two gaurds-"
I stopped, and he did too. On instinct. it something you pick up when working for dream. When one of us stop, so does the others. Like dominos.
I glanced over the corner, and there they were.
Kister and ravine.
Kit was throwing up on the side, while Ravine awkwardly stood by him.
"It gonna be okay, we just-" ravine said, failing terrible to help.
"Oh am sorry, did the royal piece of shit threaten to turn you into a rug?!", Kit snapped, before another wave of nausea must've hit him because he went back to throwing up.
"Pretty sure he only said to tell you how much he loves you" ravine said sarcastically, and grabbed a water bottle form his bag,"here have some."
Kit managed to sip a few sips before he sat down defeated.
"What the hell are we gonna do?"
"Accepted it?" Ravine said, "they can't technically hurt us, even more now that they have included nightmare into it."
"Ugh. But don't you understand they probably gonna make our life hell now "
"Weren't we already doing that?" Dream said, making our presence clear.
Ravine glared at him and kit looked like he was about to lose the water he just sallowed.
"You need something?" Kit asked, sounding braver than he looked.
Dream looked at me, as if telling me to say something.
Great, so we didn't have a game plan.
"Well, shouldn't we get to know each other especially since we are gonna be working together " I tease," we're all gonna be a big family. So you better get used to us."
When I get Dream alone, I am gonna have a long talk with him discussing thinking before acting.
"Blue, take kister to the infirmary." Dream said, pushing me toward him.
I shot him a questioning look, he slightly motion to ravine.
Ah. A  conversation to the direct source.
"Come here kitty. You need to go to the vet." I say, smiling at Kit horrified look.
Pov-Dream-guest room.
"Is your shoulder okay?" I force myself to say,  noticing how he seemed to flinch in pain whenever he accidentally moved his shoulder.
Ravine didn't look at me as he responded in a fake sweet voice," oh yes. Perfect especially after your adviser stabbed his sword through it. It's just perfect.".
The fact that he wouldn't look at me was bothering me more than the fact that he was being a bitch.
He hasn't looked at me , not this morning, not now. I don't know why it is bothering me so much.
"You could've just said no." I snapped, I relaxed my hands, lying them flat on the table. Anger won't be any use to me, especially not now.
The white package  where today breakfast was packed layed on his hands. They were tightly gripping it, almost as afraid to drop it.
"How about you eat your breakfast. It should still be warm" I say causally.
Instantly his hands relax, and for an instant his emotion bled through the wall he made." I'd rather not " .
so he is afraid,  his anxiety just bleeds through in different ways.
Normally I can read people in a flash. Part of the benefits of eating that stupid apple.It easy especially if it a positive emotion. Negative emotions are harder to identify. The problem is that when someone is aware of this ability, they are able to block me.
This among with the constant negative emotions Ravine feels around me makes it nearly impossible for me to read him. It annoying.
"I insist." I say, making it clear he has no choice.
He glared at the package as he set it down on the table.
It was the pancakes, a few side dishes on the sides, such as flan and cream filled buns. The same type that I had thrown on the ground.
He grudging stuffed a spoonful of the flan  and stuffed it in his mouth.
It was easy to see how much he liked it.
"She also likes sweets" I say without thinking.
He looks up sightly, "she?".
I breathe out.
1.Get his trust
2. know who shu is,
3.  Make sure she is okay, make sure I am okay.
Step one it is. And to do that, I have to be clear and calm.
"Shu. When we first met, one of the first things I noticed was the fact she loved to eat sweets. For breakfast, lunch and dinner." I say.
"You never met shu." He said, before biting into one of the buns.
Oh right. I don't know why I  expected him to know.
Recarnation isn't something everyone believes in.
"You are aware that I am due to live forever."
He glanced up, finally meeting my gaze only to instantly look away," I heard of something like that. I know that since your parents are some sort of god or something. That you can't die.unless your brother kills you." He started to experiment with the food now. Adding some of the flan on top of the bun before biting into it.
"I can die. But I come back as a kid. Same me, just at the start again. Think of it like a Phoenix. They die and come back. And correct, this process will be stop if my brother would be the one to kill me." I say, shifting  uncomfortable. This talk was always uncomfortable.
My mother is nymph. She is immortal, and I am made of her magic. So in a way, I'm immortal as well.
"So? What does this have to with anything" he asked, curiousty overpowering the haterd in his voice. Making it easier to read his emotion behind his wall.
"So, since am due to live forever. How many string balls do you think I been through. How many times do you think I met her?", I lean in," how many times do you think I been through something like this?".
Zero. I have been through something like this, like Ravine, zero times. But intimating him doesn't hurt.
"You must be sick of her then" he mumbled, pouring syrup on the pancakes.
"Quite the opposite. Each time I meet her, I think I love her even more", I say, relief filled me.Talking about her, something I avoided for years, feels nice, it feels better than nice.
"Yeah. Sure" he says bitterly. And boom, the wall was back. The little process I had with him was gone. For a instant it felt like we were back in that dark alley. Where he didn't know who I was.
" How about you?" I ask, giving up. Maybe poking at his ego would help. I should probably compliment whatever poor person who got stuck being this piece of shit.
"What?" He said before eating the last bite of the pancakes.
"Your soulmate" I say, before struggling not to laugh as he seems to choke on his pancakes,
"Ha-ha" he said In between coughs," yeah laugh at the choking person. Boy I love you already."  I quickly got myself under control, then offered him a cup of water and he accepted.
"Im sorry I suppose." I say, quickly moving on when he looks read to throw the cup at me," so who the lucky girl?".
Hah, lucky. Who said I wasn't funny?
"It's a guy"
Well that was unexpected." Ah, so your into men-"
"No I am not into men." He said quickly. Like it was something he was used to denying. He quickly moved on, clearly hoping I wouldn't catch this.
"And Am certainly not interested in him" he said harshly"he is the most self centered piece of shit you ever meet.".
"Don't act like you're much different" I say automatically without thinking.
"You know. I think you two would get really along"  he snapped, discarding my comment.
Silence. Great, I should've  kept my mouth shut.
He rolled the little strawberry across his plate with his fork.  He hesitated before saying "I do wish things have turned out different" he said softly," I mean, we all thought that soulmates were this amazing thing, the one. I don't know. I guess I just wanted to have that. You know?"
"I didn't think you were capable of feeling"
He stared at me,  before laughing," I don't understand why I thought you would actually care."
" Look Ravine. Am sorry-"
"Wow your capable of sympathy?"
"Am trying to apologize you dipshit" I snap. My fingers digging into my plan.
Ravine stood up, glaring down at me," oh am sorry. I thought we were just insulting each other while I ate fancy as breakfast"
" fancy?" I burst out laughing at his joke, that's what someone friendly would do, right?"Those kind of food is something people who make decent amount of money eat. It's not something people with actually money eat.". I expect him to join in.
But he didn't, his face slowly burned red, "not all of us are rich. Not all of us are fucking king of whole empires.  .
He threw the plate at me before turning to leave
Fuc Kk.
I grabbed his arm, " okay okay. Sorry I messed up. I didn't mean-'
"Didn't mean what?? To insult me repeatedly thought-out this whole conversation?!"  He pulled his arm away," cause your doing a great job at it.really. I feel so respected and vauled."
Breath in and out.
"Ravine. Am deeply sorry for offending you. It wasn't my intention."  I say carefully. Using the same tone I would use to any respectable person .
"Your the most frustrating person I know." He said, " I don't understand why anyone would want to be with you".
"Am very loveable?" I offered," or maybe your letting your biased opinion not allow you to actually get to know me.".
I grabbed his shoulder softly, carefully to make sure it didn't inflected pain on his wound,"give me the benefit of the doubt."
He didn't look at me, but slowly nodded.
I smiled slightly, knowing I won this round.
I'm charming, it is one of my many talent