20. the red string.

Author note:A Credits to A_simp_person for their  amazing idea that is used in Ravine’s dream . Thank you for your continuous reading/commenting on my chapters. Maybe one day I will read one of your  stories since I believe you were made to be an author with your amazing creativity.On the note of that. I was thinking of starting to write most of the characters as humans. Any characters not on the list  below will continue to be written as their current self. ( I will edit past chapters to fit these changes). This change wont change the story plot or anything, it just easier for me to write characters as humans.

This is not a sure change, I want to hear what you guys think about it.

List of such characters:
Ravine
Rutile
Nightmare
(nightmare advisers)
Dream
Blue 
Ink
Let me know what you think :D

I hate hallways. Especially this one. It's long ,empty, and has no exits. I don't know why I keep walking forward. I just do. Each step forward inclines me to take one back.  But I continue nonetheless. Forward until eventually the hallway turns into a four walled room. I should question this, this isn't normal. Something is not right. But  the warm air and the bright lights make everything seem foggy. 
Then suddenly it cleared. All the change of scenery makes my head hurt. But it doesn't hurt  more than the sudden hit  in my chest.
“How hard is it to tell me a name?”  the king's voice boomed, and I looked up and there he was, his wings folded up behind him. Him but somehow not him. I don't see the differences between the king  I know and this one, I just know they aren't the same.
We are in the throne room, he sits on his throne looking like the king he is.terrifying and cruel. Ink was the one who kicked me down, just looking at him makes my shoulder ache.
They both look at me waiting. Waiting for an answer that I can't quite give. 
Is there a way I can tell him an answer that will please him and keep me safe? I doubt the name Shu will satisfy him. I doubt it will keep me alive.“Answer me” he snapped, then he waved his arm. Causing enough panic in me to quickly move away from ink and scan for more attacks. But none came. 
The king’s expression is something I can't place. Disgust? annoyed, guilty?
“Are you-” he stops. Thinking better of his words before continuing.“Is the great and fearless Ravine. The one who made it a goal to keep my soulmate a secret, afraid of me?”
A smile crosses his lips, it is guilty but amused.
I have a feeling that this is a question I cannot avoid answering.
Would it be wise to say I wasn't? It would be a complete lie obviously.  The whole reason why I'm hiding is because I'm afraid of him. Lying would only humiliate me further. He  already knows the answer.But like a sadistic asshole, he wants to hear me say it.
“More than you ever know”
His smile dulled.
“Good. lets fuel that fear.ink, blue, pin him down”
Moving away from ink did no good since blue was behind me, pushing me down against the cold floor.

I don't remember him being here at all.

“ The world is unfair. I will be the first to say it '' the king said, his footsteps coming closer and closer to me,” my brother finds his soulmate within a few days. And here I have to waste time with you.”He was now in front of me,kneeling down to my level. His hand tilting my face to his cold  gaze, “how is it fair that someone like him has one. How is it fair That you have one?”
“It's not. But that's life- “

“You don't deserve one.”

Silence erupted in the room. 
Somehow that wasn't too hard to believe. I had, after all, gotten a soulmate who would never give me a chance, the painful night of the string ball proved it. Was having him as my soulmate a message  from the universe to say I didn't deserve one.Maybe my family genes are much stronger than I thought, maybe it was just safer for me not to have one.