ሶስት

Orphelinat Nouvelle Destinee, 1988

Heather is in crisis, who knew that she would hit puberty at 8? She peeked at her too-big-shirt and stared forlornly at her growing chest that was coming into view because she is still very thin due to 5 years of malnutrition, the growing chest is very visible when she wears her boys Tactel short sleeve, for her ballet extracurricular tomorrow.

This is very troublesome because she's still 'Jacques'.

Well, the ballet extracurricular is usually started by children aged 7 because The Balanchine Method of Ballet's building is next to the Maison Balanchine school foundation which is a must for orphans to attend Cours Elémentaire 1 class, this school foundation is the only one that opens classes for foreigners to study using the international language, English.

However, when Heather attended the Grande Section for children aged 5. She's having a hard time making friends, hard to ignore the boredom because her abilities are very advanced from her classmates.

So, the professeur suggested to Madame Eloise to accelerate Heather's class to 2 years faster.

There she is, has been a professional 'ballerino' student for 3 years under premiere maître de ballet Beauchamp and has accelerated twice more, from Cours Elémentaire 2 to Cours Moyen 2 (CM2), then from Collège 6ème to Collège 4ème.

Of course, because of the many class accelerations, attic-bedroom, and a serpent with two bat-wings that called Amphitere according to Europe's mythical being book at the public library that she found when Vincent, one of the orphans trying to kill it with a large stone as her only companion, her 3 years of life didn't go smoothly.

Having no friends, with a face that is too feminine for a boy, she is a ballet student also adds to the reason for being bullied all the way.

She always spends her time in the public library 3 blocks away or a 5-minute walk from the orphanage, kitchen, or tending the garden helping the matron.

Almost all the matrons were fond of her, but the other orphans? not so much. The boys mocked and called her pédé or an offensive word for homosexuals, while the girls envied him.

She sighed in resignation, how is she going to do ballet now? She's considering telling the matrons and balletmaster Beauchamp that she is a girl, now that she wants to do ballet, but she is still scared of the consequences of being an orphan girl with an entertainment future career.

"Maybe, if hatchling pleads properly, the lump in your chest will go away on its own, stop being sad, Judas doesn't like it." Came hissed from under the ratty blanket on the corner of the room

"What do you mean now, Judas?" Heather hissed to the 3ft long mythical Amphithere

"You can talk to Judas, you can read what Judas preys thinking, you can call a bunch of rats for Judas to eat, you can change bushes to Judas's nest that will always be warm in this cold room, you can make the light hairy prey can't see Judas even though Judas right on its face. Maybe, hatchling can do a miracle." Judas hissed lazily while scenting Heather's confusion

"They're not your prey, Judas! Don't hurt them, especially the light hairy one, she's so kind to me, and Madame Eloise is a she!" Heather scolded the black-deep green feather's serpent

"Judas doesn't care, anything except hatchling who save Judas from his demise are prey! Now, hatchling, for starter bring Judas a small fire to warm Judas's body more." Judas hissed with a commanding tone

Heather closed her eyes then spread her palm in the air while grumbling about bossy snake under her breath, and clear her mind to portray a blue-white fire phenomenon that she watch on the news at communal hall's television, causing her hand feels numb followed by a hot sting that creeps-no! Too hot!