DY

Privet Drive, 1985

The next time Girl woke up, she gritted her teeth, frustrated.

Why is she coming back here again? She wants to be gone!

Her inner turmoil was cut off by the cupboard's door slammed open by aunt Petunia that bring a bowl full of water and a small towel.

Without a single word she removed the bandage from the Girl's head, which even Girl didn't know there was a bandage on her head, aunt Petunia washed her forehead and face with a gentleness Girl had never felt before, and Girl didn't want to think why and what it means, she doesn't know why but she knows it's just one-time-thing.

Girl wanted to speak, but she didn't want to break this unusual silence. So, she complied when Aunt Petunia was manhandling her to face the wall. When aunt petunia cut her hair 'till above her shoulders, she didn't protest.

When Aunt Petunia told her to look in the mirror, she obeyed and felt foreign satisfaction in her chest, she looks like a boy. Maybe, with this appearance, she'll not be hurt again.

For the first time in her life, she felt content. So, she complied when aunt petunia told her to eat a plate full of food that she usually only cooks. Aunt Petunia's food is good, very very good.

Three days later, aunt Petunia woke her up, bath her, and dressed her in best Dudley's secondhand button-up green shirts and white shorts that reach her ankle, with a cute belt on her waist. On that three days, the house is always quiet.

Uncle is there, but like he's not there. Aunt Petunia set a comforter and pillow on the couch, she sleeps there, every night.

Aunt and Uncle didn't talk like usual, Dudley is subdued, and there's always a meal in front of her cupboard every time she needs the loo. Girl thought finally aunt wants to be her mum, but she can only hope.

After dressing her up, Girl, Aunt, Uncle, and Dudley go by car to the super large field with the words airport on top of the building. Girl knows the airport is where the planes fly, thanks to the secondhand bookstore.

But, why? She bit her tongue to prevent any unwanted questions flew out of her mouth. Forbidden!

Girl thinks flying with the plane is terrifying, making her belly feel funny, and her throat tight. She wonders if there is a way to fly without a plane, that would be wonderful! Girl thinks while gazing out of the window, staring at the trillions of clouds that look like a soft blanket.

During the trip, aunt Petunia never let go of her hand, even when she had a hard time finding the money in her purse to buy fringe macarons and hot chocolate. It's a festival, or she thought it was a festival, uncle and Dudley had parted in search of a heavy meal, they said.

"Do you know where we are?" Aunt Petunia asked her when they're finally found a bench to sit on, Girl shook her head as negative

"Don't you want to know?" Aunt brushes her bang to the side

"Yes, I want to know, Auntie."

"Why don't you ask, then?"

"Rules?" She stated matter-of-factly

"Oh, Heather, we're in France." When Girl just tilted her head in confusion, aunt Petunia cried, she didn't want to make aunt Petunia cry! But, she's really confused. Usually, when aunt Petunia goes on a holiday, Girl is always with Ms.Figg and what is she mean by Heather? The flower?

"Heather, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Heather is your name, darling." Aunt Petunia choked tears while holding Gi- No, Heather! Girl got a name now! to her embrace