Chapter 1

They say the Setsuko Family was cursed. All because of one member who betrayed her kin. The last Ice Hashira.

For a long time you wondered what she was thinking about when she betrayed not only the Clan but also the Corps. Did she do it on purpose or was she threatened into doing it?

For a long time you've been thinking about how she might have felt during that moment. They said she sold off the Corps' location to the progenitor of Demons. What did she gain out of it? Money? But your Family has enough money. Honor? She's already honored as a Hashira. Protection? She swore to protect, not to be protected.

You shouldn't be thinking about it, about her. But nights like this, during which it's peaceful and quiet, you just couldn't help but let your thoughts wander on the Hashira who betrayed her kin.

"Y/n," a voice had pulled you from your short reverie.

"Y/n!" it started to get louder, closer.

"Y/n!"

When you turned around you were suddenly engulfed in an embrace. You stood there, frozen for a second before the familiar feeling of two strong arms around you had made your shoulders that were stiff relaxed visibly and you ultimately felt at ease.

"I'm back, Y/n," the young man said, releasing you from the warm embrace before you look at him.

"Welcome home, Kyojuro."

"Of course! Did you miss me?"

You nodded with a smile on your face before you realized something and your smile vanished.

"You aren't hurt anywhere, are you?" You asked, looking at his face before your eyes trailed down his body. "You just came back from a mission."

"No! I'm completely fine!" He exclaimed and you looked back at him to see the wide reassuring smile he had on his face. "In fact I came back as soon as I could."

You knew that ever since he became part of the Demon Slayer Corps, he had always gone to missions after missions. But he always try to limit his absence to a day or two so he can come back as soon as he can.

Because if he's gone too long, your curse might worsen.

At the thought of it, you suddenly felt an abrupt coldness and you shuddered. Since coming here when you were seven, almost ten years have passed. You had spent more time with Kyojuro than you did with your own family.

And Kyojuro was able to notice the slightest change in you, he did notice you shuddering just now.

"It's getting cold here, we should head inside."