Chapter 3

There is a place where the wisteria blooms all year round, except for the one in Mt. Fujikasane where the Final Selection always occurs. Apart from that mountain, in a garden near the Ubuyashiki Estate, in a temple where Ubuyashiki Amane came from, countless wisteria blooms throughout the four seasons of the year.

The place is surrounded with purple flower petals that seem to glow under the gleam of the sunlight. The scent that lingers around was soothing and it left a sense of tranquillity about.

The snowfall had ceased for a while, leaving piles of snow on the ground that made the surrounding appear to be in a white dreamland of enchantments. The sun was neither cold nor hot, but the heavens provided a clear view of the sky and no dark clouds hovered above.

It was a clear day as if the heavens were blessing the land.

When Kyojuro looked ahead, his eyes seemingly widened when he saw you walking towards him. Clad in a white kimono, a traditional wedding dress was something Kyojuro thought he would only see you wearing in his dreams.

And yet there you are, wearing the kimono, walking towards him and he's wide awake.

The garden that was surrounded by wisteria flowers made you stand out, with the purple gleam that is in contrast to your silver white hair. You take deliberate steps until you are standing before Kyojuro, who also wears traditional clothing for a wedding.

"You look especially beautiful today," he said before he quickly added. "Ah, not that you look any less beautiful yesterday or the day before that!"

At his sudden outburst you started to laugh lightly before you took his arm. "And you look as handsome as the first time I saw you, Kyojuro."

You saw how his face vividly turned red and you laughed even more before you two started to walk towards the priest in front. Among the guests present in the wedding are Amane and Oyakata-sama along with their children.

The current Pillars are also part of those who witness the exchange of vows between you and Kyojuro. Your parents were not able to make it, but they sent several gifts and letters. Kyojuro's father refused to go and his younger brother decided to stay behind as well, but he apologized so many times you had to tell him it was really fine.

The ceremony was short but special, and you treasured every second of it as you and Kyojuro finally sealed your vows with a promise to stay by each other's side until death took you or him from this world.

"Y/n, Kyojuro," you heard Oyakata-sama's voice laced with the softness and tenderness of a father who cares deeply for his child.

"Oyakata-sama, thank you for being here!" Kyojuro said, bowing his head as Oyakata-sama chuckled lightly.