Chapter 9

You had a hard time falling asleep. While you toss and turn on the futon, the slumber refuses to take you in its arms right away. And when you are finally able to fall asleep, you thought you will have a dreamless slumber for the night.

Your dream started in a place surrounded by snow covering the ground. Even in your dream, you feel cold and as your body lies asleep, you start to tremble a bit.

In your dream, you were standing in the middle of a snow-filled plane. Then you noticed the snowfall, gradual and gentle. You had lifted your arms, your palms facing the heavens until a glowing snowflake the size of a sesame seed landed on your palm.

You stared at it, moving your hands closer to you until the glowing snowflake suddenly burst into flame as your eyes widened. But you did not swat your hands, in your dream, you just stared at the glowing ignition of a snowflake in flames.

"So...beautiful..."

Then you woke up with a start, your eyes wide staring at the ceiling as you let out a breath, with the peculiar dream still lingering in your mind like a whisper of the night breeze that had already gone by.

"What was that...dream?" you muttered slowly before you sat up, Kyojuro's haori sliding down on your lap as your gaze fell down on it. "A snowflake glowing in flames."

Your hands found Kyojuro's haori and held the soft fabric closer to you until you felt a tug in your stomach that made you feel queasy all of a sudden. You held your stomach with one hand while you placed the other to cover your mouth as you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Why am I...feeling nauseous this early in the morning?"

You wanted to go back to sleep, but you feel like if you lie back and manage to fall asleep again, the next time you wake up, you'd feel more sick, so you decided to get up and start your day. Maybe moving around a bit will take away this queasy feeling.

"And I can't let Senjuro eat breakfast alone."

After you arranged the futon and neatly folded Kyojuro's haori, setting it to the side, you headed outside. The first hours of the dawn showed a sign that the rest of the day will be bright and sunny. The sky is clear and no sign of dark clouds hover above.

You went to the kitchen to prepare for breakfast and it didn't take long until Senjuro came to help you. He seems more cheerful today compared to yesterday, you can tell simply by the way he's smiling.

"Will you be watching me train again?" he asked as you two were putting the bowls on the table.

"Of course," you answered.