Ch 14: Unwanted Eyes

Harry stood before the returning Rainbow operators. The glare of the projectors light illuminated the edges of his glasses.

Harry: "I'm sorry to bring you all here on such short notice. Many of you returned from missions and are exhausted. But this is extremely urgent, so listen up"

A slide image of a half frozen landscape appeared. At the center of an image was a concrete box with vents on each of its four sides.

Elias (Blitz): "What exactly are we looking at?"

Harry turned to the black and white aerial image. He then switched to another slide. This one was taken behind a set of large steel blast doors. Snow covered the ground and ice was layered against the doors.

Harry: "This is a facility the White Masks uncovered two days ago. An undercover agent from a foreign agency within their ranks sent these, then went dark. We don't know what the facility truly is, or what it holds, but it can't be good if the White Masks are involved"

Harry then switched to another slide. This one with a picture of its location on a map of Europe.

Harry: "However. He can infer what the faculty belonged to. It's located in northern Romania, just forty miles south of the Russian border. This could potentially be an old Soviet Union bunker. But again, we cannot confirm it officially"

Eliza crossed her arms over her chest and spoke up.

Eliza: "So I take it that we're being called upon to take out the terrorists who found the place, and check what's inside?"

Harry nodded.

Harry: "Like usual, five of you will make entry into the area via helicopter. Two will stand watch outside of the bunker, making sure anyone unwanted one goes in or comes out. The remaining three will enter and eliminate any and all enemies inside. Then, grab any Intel you can find. It's simple, but dangerous. If it is indeed an old Soviet bunker then be careful. Many of them weren't entirely cleared out of nuclear material or ballistic weaponry. A Geiger counter will be added to each of your kits"

The final slide showed the names of the five operators chosen for the mission.

- Nøkk
- Monika (IQ)
- Gustave (Doc)
- Gilles (Montagne)
- Timur (Glaz)

Harry: "To those on this list, the remaining Intel was sent to your rooms. Study it all carefully. That's all everyone. You're dismissed"

Everyone stood up and began to file out from the room. Nøkk slipped through the crowd of tired operators and quickly entered her dorm. She closed the door behind her and saw the Intel laying on her coffee table. A file and computer had been laid on top of one another.

As Nøkk sat down on her sofa to study the new Intel that was sent. But as she sat down, something touched the bottom of her thigh. She stood up and looked down at the cushions to see a watch. It was black without any actual clock in it. When Nøkk lifted the small piece, it turned on. A now light blue ring emitted from the outside edge of the watch's circular body. Then a young male's voice suddenly spoke.

ALX: "Hello. I am Alex"

Nøkk gave a confused stare as she held the watch. What was this?