Chapter 8 : The Truth About Shattered Phoenix

Shattered Phoenix POV
I flame traveled into the small clearing and hid myself in a small cave I had found. I sat there, staring at the water, and unintentionally began to think of my life on earth.

Grover, Tyson, Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Leo, Poseidon...

And most importantly Annabeth...

The world started to spin around me, and I had realised I had forgotten to take my medical pills before going out.

I slumped sideways, black spots dancing even faster in my eyes.

The last thing I saw was Chaos' concerned beautiful galaxy eyes staring at me.

Chaos POV
I was sitting in the small clearing, hoping Phoenix would come again.

For some reason, I couldn't get his image out of my head. His strong jawline, his mouth set in an emotionless line. Though I've only met him once, I feel butterflies in my stomach whenever I'm think of him.

Luck was on my side today. Kinda.

I got what I wished for. Phoenix was walking, more like stumbling into the clearing, unlike his usual agile and graceful demeanour.

Phoenix couldn't see me in my spot, but I saw him sit down in a hidden cave, staring at the water, when he suddenly went stiff and slumped sideways.

I ran forward, putting my hand on his forehead. Phoenix was shivering, his mouth moving and silently screaming.

I realised he was having a flashback.

I concentrated, trying to see what was going on in his mind. I get sucked into a pitch black area, and suddenly I felt a metal fist just punch me out full force.

I stumbled back, shock clearly written on my face. It was clear that he had strong mental walls, and didn't want anyone to poke into his life.

I flashed me and Phoenix into my bedroom in my palace. I gently placed him gingerly on my bed. If not for the situation, I would have found him adorable. I decided to make him mine, and looked at him one last time, then turned and left my room.

3 days later...
Shattered Phoenix POV
I woke up out of the flashback to find myself in unfamiliar surroundings. My brain was instantly on alert, when I realised I was in a massive bedroom.

I looked around and saw a note on the table.

Dear Phoenix,

Hope you're doing well! I wanted to talk to you that day but you slipped into a flashback. So you're currently in my bedroom, feel free to explore the palace.

P.S. Just so you know, you're on Planet néa dimiourgía.

Signed,
Chaos

I didn't feel like staying, as I still felt a little unstable and I wasn't supposed to show weakness.

Just so Chaos doesn't worry, I take out a piece of paper and a pen, and wrote,

I'm fine.

Just as Chaos opened the door, I waved and Mist Traveled away.

Mist Travel is a type of travel Hecate uses. Many people mistake it as Vapour Travel, Poseidon's form of travelling. So you turn into a wisp of white Mist and dissipate, reappearing in the desired location.

So I landed back in my spaceship, for once sitting down and doing and thinking nothing.

Chaos POV
I walked back to my room, only to see Phoenix wave and disappear.  I slammed my fists on my desk  in frustration and saw a note laid on one side. I picked it up and read it.

I'm fine.

Clearly not! He just passed out from a flashback and disappeared into nothing! I sighed. I just wanted to help Phoenix. He clearly has problems with his past. I wanted to make him my lover, cause him to forget all his past troubles, and help him see a new life!

I decided to take a visit to my favourite planet. Earth.

I flashed into Olympus, to see two figures sitting next to the hearth, a paper and pen in hand. I walked over.

"Hestia. Hecate."

Both goddesses whipped their heads around and saw me. They relaxed, but I saw a sad and worried look in their eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Percy's not doing well. He's getting worse and worse everyday. He met Thalia and Nico a couple days ago. Don't tell him this, but every time he sees and thinks about you he gets worse. Here," Hestia said, giving him a letter with the seal already cracked open.

I read it, but then frowned.

"I don't recall meeting Percy at all. And Thalia and Nico would have been bouncing around the palace if they had a chat with Percy. The only person of significance I recall meeting 23 years ago... it can't be... but then..." I trailed off, lost in thought.

"What?" Hecate questioned.

"There's a universal famous assassin in the galaxy. His name is Shattered Phoenix. I met him 23 years ago. He was also called the Silent One, as he doesn't speak at all." At this, Hestia gasped. "He tossed me a scroll that had words appear according to his thoughts for communication. He did say his double bladed sword was a gift from his mothers. And that he can disappear into a wisp of white mist."

Hestia and Hecate had tears in their eyes.

"What's the sword's name?"

"Home."

They started crying.

"Oh Chaos, that was him."

I felt my heart break. No wonder Phoenix always acts this way. He was cold and distant because of the betrayal. It took a huge toll on his loyalty. I just knew even more that I wanted him as my lover.

I hugged both the goddesses. Hestia looks at me with teary eyes and said, "Promise me, you'll try to help him in every way you can. He needs it."

I nodded, blinking back tears myself.
"I will. I swear on the River Chaos." I whispered hoarsely.

Thunder boomed, waves crashed and the ground rumbled, sealing the oath.

Little did they know, a special someone watched as the whole conversation take place.

Ideas on how to write this? Leave suggestions in the comments!

Stay safe, healthy and hydrated during the pandemic! :)