Chapter 18 : Make Things Right

Percy POV

1 more day.

This is the last day I will be in space. The last week before I return to my birth planet.

I was currently on my spaceship, packing a couple things and slipping them in my pockets when I came across something.

A picture frame, coated in so much dust I couldn't see the photo.

I frowned confused. I never kept picture frames. If I needed to see photos of Mom and Paul, I would use the holographs installed on my wristwatch. I blew away the dust, and my stomach dropped.

It was a picture of the 'Prophetic Seven' and a couple others and the gods. There I was fist bumping Jason, Leo was running away from a murderous Annabeth, Piper on the sidelines laughing and cheering Annabeth on. Hazel was hugging Nico, and Frank seemed to be discussing something with Reyna. In the background, I could see Poseidon, Hades and Zeus arguing, Athena staring at Hephaestus and Aphrodite in disgust, her head high in the air, while Mars sharpened a spear on a nearby rock.

Golden numbers glittered at the corner of the frame, carved in the wood. My heart weighed down when I saw the date.

July 2nd, XXXX

It was the day after the Giant War.  The day before we received our gifts and my life turned upside down. All of us were so happy, I thought sadly.

But everything has changed. Annabeth changed into a psychopath, Leo was dead, and Nico was an assassin of Chaos. We've all changed in the past centuries, and none of us are as close to each other anymore.

I closed my eyes. I missed the way we were back in the past.

The Keeper's words kept returning to me. You can forgive, but you don't have to forget.

I thought it over and over. It's been almost 1000 years. I had the time to recover, and I never took it. I allowed myself to lock them up, which only left to more sadness.

I made my decision. I was going to make things right once again when I return. No more fighting, no more arguing. Just peace.

But I remembered some words of the prophecy. Fatal flaw, be your last.

The thought of me dying passed through my mind, but almost instantly, an idea pushed it back.

I grabbed one of my scrolls, and with my delicate writing, scribbled something down and tucked it in my pocket.

I then slipped the last of my things in my pack, before travelling to Griffaxlyne to pick Adrianne up. It was time to fight the final war.

Ombra POV
I panted as we swept through the last of the monsters. For 2 months, monsters have been attacking us, the attacks getting more and more frequent.

Chaos had joined us somewhere after one month, and told us that Tartarus had enhanced the monsters strengths and abilities. Campers were dropping like flies, and I could only hope.

Hope that a miracle would happen. Because without it, we were doomed.

And the conch shell rang once again, this time much louder that the previous ones.

The final battle had begun.