Chapter 17 : The War Has Begun

Percy POV

I held out my hand and clenched it into a fist, eyes scrunching hard in concentration. I was training with my newfound powers in a deserted planet near Griffaxlyne. Sweat poured down my face as I tried combining all three gems to make a pure energy power blast.

Red, yellow and green hues of power mixed and swirled around my stretched arm. My vision was going hazy, but I summoned a little more energy. And that did the trick. When I opened my hand, I shot a white hot blast from my palm. Where the beam hit was nothing but debris in a huge crater. I collapsed, breathing heavily, feeling the strain of withdrawing so much power from the stones.

As I laid down there, I wondered what would have happened if I never left Earth, or if I was never betrayed.

Probably on Earth, in Elysium, enjoying my time with Annabeth, I thought bitterly. Probably having fun with the seven, and seeing Leo again.

I sighed. The memories of my past life began to trickle out of the locked part of my mind I put it in, and causing me to have flashbacks at night. Tartarus didn't really bother me anymore, but occasionally I would think of how I controlled poison in Tartarus, or how the aria cursed me.

Calypso cursed me to be alone, I guess it came true, huh? Good for her.

I no longer held my powers back. I slowly began to use my other powers again, but due to long periods of disuse, my stamina wasn't built as well as the others. I tired easily, and that made me frustrated. I couldn't afford to look weak, my job in the universe is difficult, and on top of that, I had to guard the stones. I began to train extra periods of time to well control my powers, and now I could easily bend any liquid to my will. Whether it be water, or blood, one flick of my wrist and I am able to control it.

2 months before the final battle. 2 months before I go back to Earth. 2 months before I go back to my birth planet.

And 2 months before I finally see Chaos again.

ON EARTH

Thalia POV

The campers were in the dining pavilion eating dinnner when the conch shell blew 3 times.

That could only mean one thing.

An attack.

Nico and I immediately ran to my pine tree, swords and knives ready, and armour on as usual. We saw the Titan Hypernion and Iapetus leading the army forth. However, I noticed something off.

While Hypernion was eager and ready to shed some demigod blood in his blinding gold armour and sword, Iapetus readied his spear but through his silver helmet, I could see that Iapetus didn't look eager like any of the other monsters in the group.

"Hello puny demigods! Ready to die? Where's your little hero, Perseus Jackson? Oh that's right, you guys banished him!" Hypernion gloated happily. Iapetus just shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot.

I could see Nico's eyes burning with rage. "Camp, attack!" He yelled, charging forward, straight at Hypernion.

"Monsters, attack!" Hypernion roared back, beginning to shine with light before it was suddenly diminished.

"Wha-" Iapetus slammed the butt of his spear straight into Hypernion's gut, causing him to double over in pain. What the heck?

"You are no brother of mine. At least Percy helped me see the good side of the gods." Iapetus snarled.

Right now, everyone was in shock at what Iapetus had just said. Iapetus had his spear pointed straight at Hypernion's neck.

"I didn't regret saving Percy in Tartarus. My name is Bob as much as it is Iapetus. And now, it's time for you to go." With a thrust of his spear, Hypernion bit the dust, a shower of gold landing on the surrounding monsters and camps.

With a definite yell from the campers, they surged forward to eliminate the monsters. Although there were about 10 000, the numbers began dropping like flies, and after a few hours, the last monsters were wiped out.

I looked around me and noticed that the Olympian gods had come down to help as well. Zeus, or Jupiter in this case, was standing next to Jason, patting his back with a proud look in his eyes. Poseidon just stood off to the side, a weary glance at all the campers. He hadn't had another child since Percy. Aphrodite was congratulating her children, rewarding them with perfect makeup and clothes, and many of the other gods were also around their children, congratulating them and encouraging them. I saw no dead bodies on the ground, but a couple campers were heavily wounded. I locked eyes with Nico grimly.

The war had begun.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. As much as I hate to say this, I might not upload the next 2 weeks, or I will only upload 1 chapter. Since we are back to face to face classes the teachers decided it was a good idea to yeet as many tests as possible at us. I mean, 3 math tests in 1 week? That's just too much.

Anyway, now that I have finished ranting about my god dam teachers, I hope you had a good day today! I enjoy writing this book, so if you like it show me some support and drop a follow. If you have the time, drop a vote on the chapter as well! It's free, and you can always change your mind later.

I reckon there's a few more chapters to write for this book, and then it will be done. I've been working on 2 crossovers, both are Dream/DreamSMP and Percy Jackson crossovers. I have decided to upload the book 'The Betrayed Gamer' first, and I will notify you guys when it will be out. It will most likely be out after this book, but I might release the prologue as a sneak peek when I upload the final fight. So keep an eye out for that!

See you in the next chapter:)