Chapter 14 : The Power Stone

6 months later...

Percy POV

Chaos and I kept meeting each other every day. He started talking to me about things, like his commanders, his army, and stuff like that.

He also talked to me about the war brewing on Earth. Thalia and Nico were down on Earth, training them, and Chaos was worried about fighting Tartarus, saying that he had gone rogue and would stop at nothing to destroy him. Apparently Tartarus had gone rogue once in the past, and it costed Chaos' sister, Order, to stop him fully. Now, after millenia, he was ready to rise again and destroy him. Gaia had apparently fed him some of her essence, making him as strong as 2 primordials.

Then he talked about me. As in Percy Jackson or Shattered Phoenix. His voice broke every time he told me how much he had regretted not managing to save me. It broke my heart even further, seeing him like that. If only he knew I was right next to him. But I didn't want anyone to waste time to look for me. Tartarus couldn't know that I was alive. I was too powerful, and Tartarus would try to recruit me with various methods, and me being 'dead' was best for everyone. But although I disliked earth, I couldn't bear to see the rest of the universe be wiped out. I decided I was going to aid them in the final battle against Tartarus.

Chaos had said that he loved me, and I was the 1st person in 3 millenia he would like to take on as a lover. I swore that one day, I would tell him that I was alive, and we could finally be together.

Time was running out, and I had to find the Power Stone. So I went to my library to do the necessary research.

The Power Stone, the last and final of the Mythical Stones. It is known as the most powerful and the most dangerous object throughout the Universe. No one knows what the stone is like, as only a few have tried and failed miserably to retrieve the stone. To retrieve this stone, you must posses the quality of loyalty. The final stone is located in the Planet Islisym. Nearby planets have sensed strong power waves every time when there is a solar eclipse. That is because only then the Planet Islisym is opened, allowing people to venture in to retrieve the stone. But beware, the portal will close in 1 hour after opening, and whatever doesn't leave will be thrown into the void, where they will suffer a painful death.

I bit my lip. This was going to be more difficult than the others. When was the next solar eclipse anyway? I reached into my senses and felt dread wash over me.

The next solar eclipse was in 5 minutes. If I missed it, it would be another 18 months before the next one, and the war would be over. I would be too late, and Tartarus will take over.

I mist travel to Planet Islisym to see the portal opening up. I took a deep breath. It was now or never. And I stepped in. The clock was ticking, and I had 1 hour before I fade to the void.

Darkness consumed me, and I saw a doorknob made of light. I grabbed it, and was transported to a battlefield.

Everyone was fighting around me, and I recognised them as the campers and the gods. Explosions were heard, and I saw waves of monsters coming one after another.

Just then, I see the seven all chained up, and Kelli the empousa standing over them with her fangs bared.

It still hurt my heart to see my old friends and gods like this. So I did the natural thing: I summoned my sword and sliced my way through the hoard until I stood in front of Kelli.

She grinned evilly and summoned a sword. It was beautiful, a pitch black sword, darker than Stygian Iron and Hades himself. Glowing red lines were infused in the dark metal, and the hilt was a beautiful silver with a swirl engraved on the bottom.

"Perseus Jackson! What a surprise!" I stiffened, not used to the name. "Let them go, Kelli." I growled back. She just snickered.

"Here's the deal. This sword, right here, has the power to defeat Tartarus. But, it comes with a cost. A sacrifice of your friends. So what would it be? The sword, or your friends?" She stalked closer, and whispered, "I would go for the sword. After all, these are the exact same people who kicked you out of camp, are they not?""

I took a deep breath. The offer was tempting, but deep in my heart I knew what to do.

"No. Free my friends. There's always another way to win. The sword is not worth the sacrifice."

And with that, I sliced Kelli's head clean off, and with a horrible wail, she turned to dust, and the sword turned into a puddle of black goo and sank back into the earth.

Suddenly, the world around me changed. I was standing in an arena, and floating directly across me was a person with gold wings. The third Keeper.

He bowed to me.

"No one has ever passed all three tests of the stones. But, there is one more stone before you have collected all the Mythical Stones. You see, there is a hidden stone. We call it, the Reality stone. It gives one the power to change reality. It is dangerous, so it is a well guarded secret between the Keepers. Not even Chaos knows. However, instead of you going to the stone, the stone will come to you. Now, I gift you the Power stone."

A small gem shining with power floated towards me. It was red, and like the other 2 gems, it infused its power with my left ring finger, weaving red lines around it.

The Keeper placed a hand on my shoulder. "A little word of advice: Don't hold grudges. You forgive, but you don't have to forget. Now go, the portal is closing." With a warm smile, he vanished. And in his place, was the portal, already halfway closed.

I did the logical thing. I ran.

The portal was closing even faster now. But I was 10 feet away.

9 feet.

8 feet.

7 feet.

6 feet.

I wasn't going to make it in time.

So with the final bit of an energy boost, I leaped. 

And all I saw was darkness.

Hey guys! So sorry for the late update. This was supposed to come out yesterday, but my internet broke down so RIP. Anyway it's now fixed, so we're good.

So, I've been digging around my old work, and I came across this half finished little betrayed Percy Jackson journal skit I've been writing in class. Do you want me to post it after I complete the journal? Leave a comment if you want it.

Also, I haven't got the time to thank you guys for 1k reads and 1.5k reads! I know how annoying Author Notes can be and no one likes them, so I decided that if I have anything to say, I would write it at the end of the chapter.

I've noticed that a lot of people read my stories, but they don't vote or follow me! So if you enjoy my content, consider voting or following, it helps me out a lot and encourages me to make better chapters for you guys! Thanks!