chapter four

Escapade. Truly a thing that brings joy to youthful people, may them be a child, a teenager,a young adult or an adult in their 40s. It is what they want to have or to do in their life when things get too stressful for them.

The sun's rays went past Karina's windows and hit her face resulting for her to wake up in a brain-fogged state unsure if she really wanted to wake up or just sleep for the whole day. She yawned as she stared at the ceiling, still the sun's warmth hitting on her skin.

She still felt sleepy and just decided to close her eyes again knowing that she doesn't have anything important to do. While she was about to go back in her comfortable sleeping position, there was a sudden knock on the door. "Come in." Karina stated sleepily.

Her door then creaked open and just by the scent, Karina could tell that it was her grandmother. She instantly sat up on her bed and there she saw a woman with smiling eyes, her hands occupying a tray filled with foods.

Karina was indeed right that her grandma is the living definition of purity.

"I thought about bringing you breakfast in here since you were asleep when I came to check up on you. I wasn't expecting to see you awake right now. " Her grandma placed the tray on Karina's bed, careful to not spill the food on her granddaughter's bed. "Do you still want to eat here or downstairs?"

Karina lived at her grandmother's house ever since she finished college and directly tried to handle her father's business. She moved out of her father's house because she couldn't stand living with a devil like him anymore. Ever since she was a kid, she'd always go to her grandmother's house whenever things didn't go well between her and her father and her grandma would always welcome her warmly.

After finding out that Karina moved out of her father's abode, Mrs. Yoo instantly reached out to Karina and offered her to live at her house. She lived alone in the house that's why she didn't really mind Karina's presence. She was more than happy that someone would finally be with her after all these years of being lonely.

It wasn't the fanciest house that Karina could stay in but somehow there was comfort and love in it. Two things that Karina never experienced in their household. The house's design didn't really matter to Karina because all she wanted was to be at peace and with her grandmother beside her, she was more than peaceful.

Karina looked at her grandmother and asked, "Are you don eating, grandma?" Mrs. Yoo nodded at her and the younger's smile vanished. She wanted to eat with her grandmother for today's breakfast but she was already late. Her grandmother noticed the sudden change of Karina's expression and assured her that they could eat their meals together next time. They had plenty of time with each other.

She hugged her granddaughter before leaving the room and made her eat the breakfast she made in her room. Karina chose to eat it in her room because she was used to eating alone but she looked forward to eating with her grandmother next time.

Following the next events, Karina went downstairs and washed her plates. She was full with the breakfast her grandmother gave her. From chicken nuggets to rice and then milk. Milk was an essential beverage in everyone's everyday life. Milk >>> Softdrinks.

That's what you call, a healthy living.

Karina laughed at the thought and quickly finished washing her plates. As the soap and water collided on her hands together, forks and spoon clanking with each other, she thought about going to the mall and doing some shopping spree.

It was one of the things that gave Karina joy.

Needless to say that after thinking about it, she quickly went through her room to wear something presentable and prepared her money for it. Karina still had her allowance given to her because it is her right to have one from her dear beloved father.