chapter eight

[ TRIGGER WARNING : this chapter will be mentioning domestic ab*se and not really su*cide but it could probably pass as that. Readers who are easily triggered with topics like that, please do skip this one and wait for the next chapter. Read at your own risk ‼️ ]

Loud noises, drunk people and people making out were three few things Karina noticed when she entered the bar. She could sense that everyone was having a great time just by their laughter and how noisy the place was.

The jet-black haired woman didn't really have any plans of going here but after her encounter with Minjeong earlier, which was the last straw, she decided to drink a little. Of course, she went home to change and then wait until night time.

She'd look like an idiot wearing pajamas in a crowd of provocative outfits. She had to fit in. That's why she wore a sleeveless black dress that perfectly showed her curves and paired it with prada shoes she impulsively bought online.

Karina was sitting at the counter, drinking her 5th shot of tequila and not speaking to anyone who would try and initiate a conversation. She was only there to get drunk and forget about other things back home for awhile, she had no intentions of meeting someone new.

She's had enough of love.

All Karina wanted was for her and Winter to become friends again, just like how they used to be but instead the younger keeps on running away from everyone, always blaming herself for everything when she could just try and open her wounds up to her friends.

She chugged down another glass of tequila when the bartender approached her, "That's not good for you, miss." Judging by the voice, she could tell it was a woman. Karina looked at her and well, flabbergasted was an understatement. Flabbergasted? Nah. I think hatred.

If you were in Karina's position, you're stressed out and you just want to drink in peace to forget about what was happening in your life then suddenly a bartender approaches you who ruined your life.

It was Bae Joohyun, her stepsister.

"I didn't know you were working here." The younger stated. "You should come back. He needs you and I don't care about the company." She added, quite angry at her.

She and Irene weren't the best of sisters. Knowing that Karina isn't her true sister, she'd always treat her like shit. Even made things bloody for her when they were kids. Her father never really cared about Karina's well-being, it was only Irene and Irene. He didn't even care about her mother.

Bae was their supposed to be surname but Karina and her mother stayed as a Yoo. Funny how her father never really used his last name to name his shitty corporation.

He should be disgusted.

Imagine how Karina felt when Irene left and all of her responsibilities were passed onto her? You'd be angry, right? Because your sister who is the human form of Satan, ran away and you have to deal with everything she left. Karina was livid. "And please, don't tell me what's right or wrong, I can handle myself. The worst thing you can do right now is tell me you love me."

Irene just stared at her, completely not expecting to see how Karina has changed over the months. "How's dad?" Irene mustered all her courage and try to ask the younger about it. Karina shrugged. "He's fine. You should come back. I'm going to leave you two alone if you do come back."

"I can't come back, Karina."

"I'm surprised that you actually know my name. All these years I thought you never knew it. All you called me were names that perfectly described you, Irene." She stated, landing her eyes on the older. "Plus, can you stop being so dramatic? You have a father there. Come back to him. "