chapter twelve

[ TRIGGER WARNING : this chapter will talk about s*xual ass*ult, r*pe, violence. Reader's discretion is adviced. ]

-

"Can I just not go anymore?" Karina tried asking her grandmother for the fifth time since she woke up. She hoped to all the saints above to just not let her breath anymore because when she opened her eyes earlier, she was greeted with the worst possible thing ever.

She was greeted by her grandmother with the news of her being throned as the CEO of the Yoo Corporation. She tried saying that it must've been a misunderstanding but when she scrolled online, she saw the announcement on their website, telling everyone that they would now make her as the heir.

What a good news to Karina's ears. So good that she wanted to burn the building.

With an assuring look that wasn't much of a help for Karina, her grandma said, "It'll be okay. You can't back out now." Then she adds something that makes Karina giggle a little, "That's what you get for not attending that very much awkward party."

Her father announced it to the invited guests of that party the other night and before coming home, her grandma went there and described it with one word. Awful. She stated. Very awful. Karina vividly remembers how her grandmother went home with cakes and the first thing she mentioned when she got home was how awful the party was.

Also, let's not forget how her grandmother spoke about Kim Minjeong, as if they were still okay, as if they were still together with each other. She mentioned how cute Minjeong looked in her new hairstyle and Karina just nodded there, silently. Her grandmother mentioned that she crossed paths with Kim Minjeong on the day that the two had fought.

She was well-aware with how her grandmother was almost an open book to everyone she'll see in the streets, even the unfamiliar ones but she wasn't expecting that she'd still spoke highly about even after all the tales she had told her.

About the party, Karina decided that it was best not to attend it because she knows that it'll only be very awkward for all of them. When she asked her grandmother about Ningning and Giselle to which the elder only replied with, "Only Ningning was there."

See? It was boring but she kind of regrets not going there because if she went there she would've known what the universe was planning to do with her life. To fuck it up. Disappointment was a meiosis.

Karina fixed her dress and still was pursuading her grandmother to not let her go but the older Yoo wasn't having any of this and hushed Karina. The younger sighed, again. "Are you coming with me, grandma? I need emotional support."

It was now the old lady's turn to laugh, "I'm sure Giselle will be there, Karina. You can use her as your emotional support." The younger nodded in silence. Well, atleast she has her best friend to accompany her right? Right. She hopes that her first day won't be that bad.

She bid her grandmother goodbye and drove towards the Yoo Corporation. For some reason, Karina wasn't nervous neither was she anxious at all. She just wanted to get this over with so she could watch the new episode of her favorite series and cry all day while watching angsty teenage romance movies.

Once she arrived there, a swarm of media people encircled her making her trapped in the car and not really wanting to go out. The camera's lights were flashing in front of her and it hurt her eyes. A lot of them were asking a bunch of questions that Karina couldn't hear since there was a window blocking their voices, thankfully.

Karina would've loved to stay in the car but she was forced to get out when she realized that it was already getting a bit suffocating inside it. And besides, the glass window could break in any minute. She might've gotten hurt.