chapter fifteen

What's the best thing that could ever happen in your life? Certainly not being interrogated about your past.

"Giselle, why am I tied up like this?" Minjeong asks as she tries to break free from the ropes that entangled her body to the chair. "You're not going to force your kinks on me are you?" The older gave her a death glare that made Minjeong giggle but she quickly snapped out when she remembered that she was tied up to a chair. "What are your plans, Aeri?"

The older rolled her eyes at her and sat at the table in front of her. "Chillax. I'm not like Ren Pingsheng who'll kidnap you. Maybe in another story, I might do that with-"

"Aeri Uchinaga!"

Minjeong screams to get her attention and Aeri only laughs at her. "Bitch, you need to know how to relax. I tied you up there because I feel like if you're going to stand up while I ask you questions, I feel like you'll kick me out. I did for my own safety."

"Is it really necessary for you to do this?" Minjeong asks again probably for the hundredth time and the older just shrugs. "I need that so you won't attack me when I ask you questions especially about Karina and I also did that so you won't be able to abstain yourself from answering my questions. So first question is aren't you going to apologize to Karina with what you did?"

Winter fell silent. She tried to remember everything wrong she did to Karina and guilt was swallowing her up again. She felt like a criminal not just because she was tied up and someone was interrogating her but it was because she did a lot of wrong things to her ex-valentine. "Is an apology still worth it at this point?"

She looks at Giselle who was just squishing her comfort plushie. "Why? Do you apologize because it's worth it to apologize? Don't you apologize just because you did wrong to that person?" Giselle locks up her eyes at Winter and the younger looks away.

"I'm not a fan with what you did to Karina, Winter." Aeri simply starts, "You cheated on her, you lied to her, you kept secrets, you told her you loved her, you called her awful names and recently you screwed up big time by bringing up her trauma. You're well aware that she's sensitive with that right? And you still did that."

Minjeong was only quietly listening and didn't respond to whatever Giselle was saying. She just listened to her and Giselle wouldn't stop talking until Winter lets out a word. "It wasn't any simple cheating too, Winter. Because the only gap that your relationship with Karina and your affair with Minju has is one year and that's not a good thing. Karina knew about your relationship during your fourth year of being together meaning that your affair with Minju grew to 3 years and when your relationship with Karina ended after 6 years, you ended your affair with Minju after 5 years. It's fucked up." Giselle turns to look at Minjeong who was staring at the void but she was aware that her she was listening to every word she stated so she continued.

"Karina had a hard time dealing with your affair, Minjeong but never let you go because she loved you and she was hoping that maybe, maybe you'd just lover her even once. She was an idiot to think that because you loved her right? You loved her but just not the way you loved Minju and again, Kim, it's fucked up."

Giselle let out a sigh, "She cried for endless hours that time and would never show it to you just so she won't lose you. You and Karina are my best friends but never have I ever imagined that I had to pick a side. And even if it felt like betrayal to you, I picked Karina's side. I never left her because we were friends."

She starts sobbing, "When you cheated on Karina, it felt like you cheated on me as well. And when Karina ended your relationship, I was expecting that you'd let go of Minju finally and realize that you really love Karina but I guess I was wrong. Yes, you might have broken up with Minju that night but you went back with her right? You left everyone and the two of you went to paradise, you were happy with Minju while Karina was in misery because of you. Fuck you, Kim. Fuck you."