chapter seventeen

warning : mention of cheating, manipulation, self-harm, suicide and death

Winter never really planned to spend her day watching television but she had no choice but to do so. It has been days since she last saw Giselle and the last time she saw her, they were both a crying mess. A crying mess about what? A crying mess about love. Giselle was so inlove with Ningning that it literally broke her heart to see her with somebody else but what can she do? Love was dumb luck and she was just unlucky.

As for the short haired girl, she cried about all the mistakes she had done in her past. From having an affair with another woman and for hurting Karina in every way she possibly can. Giselle called her an idiot because of that. And all Winter could do was laugh.

This all happened during their sleepover which was days ago. It has been a while since the two spent time with each other and she was glad that Giselle decided to come at her house that time. She was more than glad to have a friend in her house.

But that was already days ago. Winter stood up and tried to think about something she could do. She looked at her clock and saw that it was already 8 in the morning. "Bitch, I thought it was still 6." She laughed at her idiocy.

She was supposed to turn the television off when it suddenly bombarded her with words of wisdom that applies to her current situation right now. "If you're not going to apologize now, when?" "If you know it's wrong, why do you keep on doing it?" "If you really do love her, why can't you show her that?" It was like they were trying to tell her something and Winter only rolled her eyes.

Even the television knows she fucked up.

She turned it off and sat on her couch, trying to think about something that she could do so that she won't get bored. The characters in this story really do like thinking about things to do in order to not get bored, aye?

She opened her phone and watched some videos about cats that somehow resulted for her to watch crime documentaries and that also ended up for her to watch Gordon Ramsay cooking and yelling. She was apparently on YouTube for 2 hours straight before deciding that this wasn't productive enough.

What was productive enough for Minjeong? Reading books about medicine. This was their line of work, she was exposed to learning about medicine at such a young age that she managed to learn everything about it. She was an intelligent one, they'd say, such a shame she turned out to be a disappointment, they'd add.

Winter breathed heavily everytime she thought about her early years and about the reasons why she turned out to be so rebellious growing up and how her parents turned a blind eye on her each time she asked for help. They never really did appreciate her neither did they even want to be with her.

Coming to a realization that reading a book still won't shake the boredom out of her, she decided to cook something. Her knowledge about cooking won't be useful if she only slacked down and complained about everything.

To tell you the truth, her cooking skills aren't the best. Notice how you never read a part about her cooking? It's because there's this high possibility of her burning down the kitchen but hey, she's trying, alright? Let's just hope she doesn't burn anything.

She went to the kitchen, looked at her available ingredients and decided to cook instant pot Korean beef. She went to the internet to see how its done and well, she started to do her thing while she danced and sang. She wasn't really minding if anyone heard her or anything, at that moment, she felt happy.

After a few minutes, she could finally feel the results of her hard work as she admired what she had just cooked. She prepared everything she had to prepare and started to dig in. Of course, a beverage should always be present and for today's episode, we will drink Sprite!