chapter ten

[ TRIGGER WARNING : This chapter will contain ass*ult, violence and name callings. If you can easily be triggered, I'll recommend for you to skip this chapter. Reader's discretion is advised ‼️ ]

Giselle was having a crisis.

Those were the first few words that came into Karina's mind when she arrived at her best friend's house and saw how a mess everything was. And when she arrived there, the first thing that greeted her was Aeri laying on the dirty floor. Jesus.

Karina silently watched Giselle who can't seat properly, like there was something that was bugging her and after being fed up with how strange she was acting, the older asked, "Giselle, what's going on? You look so bothered..." Giselle turned to her direction and quickly went to sit down beside her.

"Ningning likes this guy, Karina. What am I supposed to do now?"

There was this sadness in Giselle's tone that made her heart twitch upon hearing the words she just said. "Gi, I don't think we can do anything about it." She rubs her back, trying to make her feel better. "You know, just like what that character from Sex Education said, love is dumb luck. Sometimes they like you but then sometimes they don't. "

Ah, yes. The wise words of fictional characters. How could we ever forget that when we give someone an advice?

Giselle sighed and laid down on Karina's lap, "Maybe you're right." She stayed quiet for a long time and Karina was just brushing her soft hair. "What if we just end this, Rina? What if we just help them instead of marrying her? That would make her happier right?" She chokes before adding,

"If marrying that guy makes her happy then who am I to stop her right? Who am I to marry her? I should just let her go."

Karina only nodded at Giselle's words. Giselle didn't straight out say that she was inlove or that she likes Ningning but it was clear to her how Aeri really felt for Ningning. The two of them were silent once again, only the sound of Karina's hand brushing Giselle's hair could be heard and the chirping birds outside.

"How am I supposed to let her go, Karina?"

That question somehow managed to pierce Karina's soul without any warning. That question was a question she has been asking herself for days, for weeks, for months, hell, even for years. How can we really let go of someone we love?

The older responded, "I don't know." She smiled while she kept on playing with Aeri's hair. "You know, it's been a week since I've realized that I still have feelings for Minjeong." Aeri suddenly sat up and let out a loud gasp, "That's a bad joke."

"I'm not joking, Aeri. I still love her. I've always been inlove with her and no matter how hard I tried to let go, I just can't do it." Karina let out a bitter chuckle. "I'm just like my mother."

Giselle hugged Karina, "Karina, it's never wrong to get back with someone in the past or even realize that you still have feelings for that someone. But you have to remember all the hardships you went through because of that someone because even if you really love them, there are just things that can never be fixed by love." She adds, "Minjeong ruined you, Karina."

And those words could never have been more true.

Giselle pulled away from the older and Karina looked really melancholic, a sight she only sees when it includes one person. Kim Minjeong.

"But love her. I love her so much to the part where it actually hurts."

"It hurts because it's suffocating, Rina. It hurts because you know it to yourself that this is not right. Winter has ruined your soul, your love, almost everything and even though she's my best friend, I don't want her to do that to you all over again." Giselle's voice broke as she speaks. "If she did that back then, what makes you think she won't do it all over again? The cycle goes on, Rina. The cycle goes on."