Chapter 4: Refuges and Women

Terrarian's POV again:

     They were sending people out to do scouting or something, I didn't really pay attention. They were taking volunteers which was something I remembered. I decided to volunteer because I was bored.

     So I think they think I'm incompetent. They put me with the guy who looks like he is trying to grow a beard but it won't grow past a stubble on his chin. I arrived early and the first thing I was told was the guys name which was like Itami or something. He also said "Don't worry we'll be here to protect you." Do I really look that usless...probably.

     I also came with a few of my weapons but I forgot which ones I brought. I probably won't have to fight though or really do anything. Our job was to make interaction with the people of the land or something like that.

     They did some things before we left but I didn't pay attention. I inky started to pay attention once I felt the bumping from the vehicle on the rocks. We ended up at some village but I just stood there most of the time.

     As we continued to drive they started to sing which made my ears bleed, they made singing seem like a sin with how bad they sung. It was horrifying, I would rather fight Yharim again then listen to them sing.

     We stopped at some forest, turns out it was on fire. I thought the smoke was a weird cloud, turns out I was wrong. There was a dragon flying around shooting more fire. It was cool I guess. The dragon flew away, bummer.

     Turns out there also was a village there or something of the sorts. I mean it sucks that they were there but it happened. They were looking for survivors, I just stood around looking at all the bodies. I felt a little bad but stuff like this happens, especially when dragons are involved.

     The dude with the fake beard through something down a well. Turns out a woman was down there. They went in and then brought her out of it. Turns out she was an elf to, neat.

     She was injured or something but she didn't die because they healed her which not going to lie, I was surprised they could heal because they seemed a bit idiotic? I'm not sure if that's how I should put it.

     They are taking her back to settlement now, at least I'll have something in common with someone.

     We ended up back at that village and the people were talking with the mayor guy. I honestly have no idea what they were saying. Talking in a weird language I didn't understand made me just sit around more confused then before.

     Everyone was lined up because some cart was carrying to much. The other people went to make sure the people in the wagon were okay or something. There was a little girl which was injured but I didn't pay attention to how.

     A horse then went rabid almost attacking some blue haired girl. It got shot before it attacked though. The blue haired girl was like flabbergasted, who knows why though.

     Turns out there people are coming with us to, I think at least. Hey more people I can relate with. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

     Would my boss summon things work here? I mean they're in my piggy bank and I have a spare one with me...I'll have to try it some time soon.

     A wagon broke...again. I'm convinced these wagons aren't even made out of wood, they just burned it. Should of areas grabbed some of their things. I don't really agree with that decision of theirs but they did it cant change that.

     I spaced out again turned out some person was blocking the way or something, all the children like ran to her. Or like everyone form that village did. She had a big weapon, looked coolish but probably wouldn't be of any use to me.

     She got in and sat on the guy who wanted to grow a beard lap. I only realized this because of all of the shaking and yelling. Kind of annoying to be honest. This was pretty boring, I regret coming.

     That dragon was back, no better time to test my the boss summons. Getting out of the car I looked to Itami, yes I called him his name and finally spoke, "Let me try something..." trailing of at the end was something I used to do and I still do.

     Placing down my piggy bank I started to go through it and got the two items I wanted, the Suspicious Looking Eye and the Cosmolight. Using the Cosmolight I made it become night and now was the final test.

      I grabbed the Suspicious Looking Eye and used it...a loud growl kind of noise was heard in the distance. Not much later using the moon light as a light source a giant Eye was now visible. It locked onto me but by starring into its eye it seemed to lose that aggression on me and focused on the dragon.

     Turning around I faced the guy trying to grow a beard again. "Bought us time..." I simply said getting back into the vehicle as the eye rammed into the dragon. This seemed to take him out of his shock yet he didn't leave instead staying to make sure everyone was okay.

     They started to shoot at the dragon which gave no result. That one elf girl woke up and started to say something while pointing to her eye. They all started to shoot the dragons eyes making it shield them.

     Turns out that one girl was strongest as she managed to stun the dragon by throwing her axe thing? Not to sure what that is. The dragon ran away missing an arm I think.

     I maybe should of done something more as alot of people died whicheft some kids without parents. Felt kind of bad to be honest. The eye had been long gone by now, I sighed knowing I'd have to deal with it later.

     One of the bigger shockers off the day was that no one asked me about the giant eye. That most likely means that either for some reason they forgot about it or they also had to deal with bosses like me. If it is the latter then they may be a bit more stronger then I originally thought.