Chapter 12: The Beggining of the End

No One's POV:

     "Hmm? So your here... mortal" the long creature said as it was revealed to be a long snake like figure.

     Screams and Shouts were heard from across the fort and many soliders were running around trying to find anything they could defend themselves with.

      The Terrarian took out his sword and held it off to the side, before he could get the chance to attack the sounds of guns filled the air and bullets bounced off of the snake like figure with no effect, "Foolish mortals, things such as those pebbles wouldn't even scratch me."

     Before anything else happened the Terrarian jumped up reaching the elevation of the snake like creature, "Oh so you finally come to face me? The Devourer of Gods!?" The voice boomed out.

      The Terrarian preferring to not say anything swing his glowing red sword down at the Devourer of Gods, it met the shell of its body and a loud clank was heard.

     The Devourer of Gods went crashing into the ground causing a dust to build up. Yet the Terrarian did not let up, pulling out a stick he swung down at the area of impact a giant tornado made out of fire was erected.

     One would assume it was over but it was no one near it yet as from the dust cloud the Devourer of Gods came flying out mouth faced at the Terrarian.

     Holding his sword infront of him the sword caught the Devourers of Gods jaw stopping it from closing onto him which would severely damage his armor.

     With nothing he could do the Devourer of Gods directed him down towards to the ground causing the Terrarian to not only slam into it but also get dragged along the ground hitting everything in their path.

     In the distance vehicles ranging from cars to helicopters were seen leaving the fort in mass. They had left a lot of supplies begun which would put them behind.

    The Terraria eventually found an opening and managed to use the Rod of Discord to get out if that situation. Running at the Devourer of Gods the Terrarian managed to move left slightly causing the Devourer of Gods to miss his attack which let the Terrarian retaliate.

     The Terrarain dragged his sword along the side of the Devourer causing it to screech out in pain, in the distance one car had stopped which was only noticed once a figure had jumped out of it slamming a weapon into the devourer.

     The figure turned out to be Rory but she was not on the battlefield for long as the Devourer knocked her away with the end of its body. Apon her getting knocked away lasers appeared in a cross pattern which seemed to follow the Terrarian.

     Forced on defense because of this the Terrarian started to run ending up near the camp once again. The lasers by then had stopped but the ground was shaking and from underneath the Devourer rose grasping the Terrarian in its jaw.

     The Devourer bit down and a very audible snapping was heard as The Terrarians wrist was snapped out if place. The Devourer happy with the damage it had caused threw the Terrarian out of its mouth into the ground.

     A smoke cloud had built up causing vision near that area to be obscured. The Devourer knowing the Terrarian would be out of the fight for a few seconds decided to redirect its attention to the truck which had stayed behind.

     The few who were in the truck were carrying Rory in quickly. They were unidentifiable but it did not matter as the Devourer rushed at them but was knocked away as the Terrarian recovering faster then anticipated had rammed into the Devourer sword out.

     As the Devourer screeched a purple liquid flew out of the wound the Terrarian caused. The Devourer escaped into a portal, "Its not over yet, kid!" The sky changed color into purple tone as a portal once again opened.

     Out of the Portal the Devourer came out looking quiet different but no one was able to analyze the difference as he zoomed by at incredible speeds as it circled the Terrarian.

     Out of its sides lasers shot out which forced the Terrarian back onto the defensive as he ran and flew around avoiding the lasers. Anything the lasers touched would instantly get burned and pierced.

    A gun firing was heard as a bullet once again harmlessly bounced off the Devourer, in the distance the soliders had made a line, they fired rapidly with no success. All it did was gain the Devourers attention, "Fools! Such weak things would never work on a god!" The Devourer boasted.

     This time was all the Terrarian needed as he got above the Devourer sword ready and started to defend, with the force if gravity also helping him he started to rapidly accelerate down towards the Devourer, once he got closer the Devourer noticed and tried getting out of the way but was to slow as the Terrarians sword came into contact to the end of its body cutting off a portion of the Devourer.

     An ear piercing screech was heard as the back of the Devourer fell onto the ground with a loud thud. While it was stoll massive it had lost about a good 5 feet from the back of its body, "A GOD DOES NOT FEAR DRATH!" The Devourer screamed out trying to weaken the Terrarians spirits with its will.

     The Devourer dug into the ground effectively disappearing, the ground shook before lumps in the ground were see going in a huge circle. Once the circle got behind the Terraian the Devourer jumped out jaw outstretched to eat the Terrarian.

    The Terrarian turned around barley fast enough to counter with his sword, his feet dug into the ground for support as he was pushed back from the force the Devourer was putting onto him.

     The Devourer not as worried anymore began to calm down knowing he would most likely win. The Devourer kept on pushing which was slowly weakening the Terrarian.

    The Terrarian moving his sword put it closer to one of its mandibles and using his strength and the pushing of the Devourer started to cut through it. Realizing what was happening the Devourer instantly stopped pushing but realized to late.

    The Terrarians sword cut through the top fourth of the mandible causing the Devourer to instantly make a portal and escape as to not suffer anymore serious injuries.

     The Terrarian happy with his victory grabbed the mandible before storing it in the piggy bank. He fell backwards having passed out due to the injuries and lack of energy.

    The Terrarians armor was in horrible condition, the left gauntlet was damaged enough to where it was mostly just scrap metal, the same went with his right leg and chest plate. Where the armor was kissing cuts and bruises were seen, some cuts deep some not so much.

     His helmet was still in decent condition, the top was littered with holes making his hair poke out of those holes, where his mouth was had a giant cut down to the chin. He looked as if he had just gone through hell and back.

     Some soliders rushed over and picked him up carefully and proceeded to bring him to a doctor they had which would still be able to help.

    He was laid in a bed with other injured and started to get operated on.
---------------------------------------------------------
I wrote way more the normal, I still don't know how people write more then this